What was the last film you watched | Page 422 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

The Equalizer 2 - Denzel Washington is back. Denzel is a good guy who hunts down the baddies after they kill his friend. It takes a while to get going but it's decent enough in the end. 7/10

About Schmidt

Wasn't sure if I'd seen it fully before, turns out I had, but still worth a second watch. Jack Nicholson plays a recently retired life insurance actuary who decides to sponsor an African kid through an aid organisation, while trying to make the most out of his last years. It's funny and sad.

I love Jack Nicholson, pity he's pretty much retired now, he is 81 after all.

8/10

The Bourne Supremacy - the second of five. I think it's better than the first one, probably because the characters have already been established so they can jump into the action. 7.5/10

Wrestling With My Family - I didn't expect to like this one since I'm not into WWE but the trailer looked funny and I had an afternoon with the kids. I really enjoyed it. I've done that scene at the airport more than once. 8/10

The Bourne Ultimatum - it's good. Lots of running and jumping and shooting. It's very similar to the second one though. 7/10

Thunderball

Bond No.4. This one ups some of the classic Bond elements such as the gadgetry, one liners and relentless shagging, but kind of drags in places and the underwater sequence near the end goes on for a ridiculous amount of time. Still though, very enjoyable.

7/10

Watched Solo - A Star Wars Story the other night. It was bought for me for Christmas, and we have only just got around to watching it for some reason.

Very enjoyable as one of the SW spin-off series. Didn't realise Ron Howard was the director. That's probably why I found it to be so good.

8/10 for me, Jeff.

Followed up by Skyscraper with Dwayne Johnson.

Totally preposterous disaster movie in the Towering Inferno vein but I enjoyed it immensely. Probably says more about me than the movie, to be honest.

7.654321/10.

Alpha.

Noy meets wolf. Boy falls in love with wolf. You know. The usual!

Nice film actually. 7/10

Looper

Seen it before, but definitely worth a second watch because I had mostly forgotten what the actual plot was, I just remembered it was a cool time travel movie. I also forgot that Joseph Gordon-Levitt had some facial prosthetic makeup to make him resemble a young Bruce Willis, so for the first 10 minutes I wasn't sure if he was actually in the movie at all, and I remembered it wrong.

Really great movie, why can't more of this kind of stuff come out more regularly?

9/10

Safe House - Denzel and Ryan Reynolds in a CIA film. Denzel has gone rogue....

It's okay. Nothing really new or interesting.

5/10

Operation Finale - it's about the Israeli intelligence capturing Adolf Eichmann in Argentina. It's very slow and it feels like they have drawn out the story to make it more dramatic than it was including yer man's Nazi friends showing up at the airport just before they were about to take off. 5/10

Operation Finale - it's about the Israeli intelligence capturing Adolf Eichmann in Argentina. It's very slow and it feels like they have drawn out the story to make it more dramatic than it was including yer man's Nazi friends showing up at the airport just before they were about to take off. 5/10

I fancied this, but on the basis of your review, I think I will give it a miss.