What was Lamela's last good game that he started? | Page 4 | Vital Football

What was Lamela's last good game that he started?

I place 100% of my blame on EX for starting this thread.

lol - too funny. Also, after our recent performance in the transfer market, as if Spurs are capable of selling Lamela and buying better anyway. The best hope we have is a kid like Jack Roles making the breakthrough.

lol - too funny. Also, after our recent performance in the transfer market, as if Spurs are capable of selling Lamela and buying better anyway. The best hope we have is a kid like Jack Roles making the breakthrough.

Muttley, if we make the smart move and replace Lamela with Brooks that better player can be had. Reports suggest we are ready to make a bid in the summer window.

Muttley, if we make the smart move and replace Lamela with Brooks that better player can be had. Reports suggest we are ready to make a bid in the summer window.

Was lucky enough to go to the Bournemouth home game this season and saw Brooks live. Like Lamela, all left foot and will do anything not to use his right. Like Lamela, not massively pacy but has a great work ethic. Like Lamela, some great touches but sometimes made poor choices.

Whilst knowing Brooks is 21, there's clearly runway to improve. Perhaps he could move inside and influence the game more as he gets physically stronger. I think my challenge is that I didn't see what I see in Dele. I was sort of expecting that different class and wavelength that you see from the elite players. He was in a side that had their backs to the wall though.

I personally think that Poch will have a figure in his head. Max £30m and we won't get him because he will be overpriced. That will dissuade Poch as it's too big a gamble once the transfer fee goes sky high.

Was lucky enough to go to the Bournemouth home game this season and saw Brooks live. Like Lamela, all left foot and will do anything not to use his right. Like Lamela, not massively pacy but has a great work ethic. Like Lamela, some great touches but sometimes made poor choices.

Whilst knowing Brooks is 21, there's clearly runway to improve. Perhaps he could move inside and influence the game more as he gets physically stronger. I think my challenge is that I didn't see what I see in Dele. I was sort of expecting that different class and wavelength that you see from the elite players. He was in a side that had their backs to the wall though.

I personally think that Poch will have a figure in his head. Max £30m and we won't get him because he will be overpriced. That will dissuade Poch as it's too big a gamble once the transfer fee goes sky high.

All good points M, my observations of Brooks are all from MOTD highlights when he has looked the part, although on his last outing I saw an example of the poor choices you mentioned. Anyway, I see him as a player better equipped to make use of the ball and work more efficiently with the players we have. We shall see what transpires in the window.

All good points M, my observations of Brooks are all from MOTD highlights when he has looked the part, although on his last outing I saw an example of the poor choices you mentioned. Anyway, I see him as a player better equipped to make use of the ball and work more efficiently with the players we have. We shall see what transpires in the window.
Rich Brookes is just an example. What we are crying out for is a player from that side who can influence the game on a regular basis. I'm sure you like me did not start out being down on Lamela quite the reverse. I was desperate for a game changing pentrative attacking midfielder with vision. What we got was an erratic player who puts in a shift but offers not enough to balance the fitness issues. Hell a bloke on Twitter called him Lee Clatermole with a fade and flash boots? No one can accuse me of having a vendetta I have defended him in the past, I just think the body of evidence now supports your argument 100%. Needs an up grade maybe Brookes may not, as for Brookes one footed-ness Bale springs to mind.

Rich Brookes is just an example. What we are crying out for is a player from that side who can influence the game on a regular basis. I'm sure you like me did not start out being down on Lamela quite the reverse. I was desperate for a game changing pentrative attacking midfielder with vision. What we got was an erratic player who puts in a shift but offers not enough to balance the fitness issues. Hell a bloke on Twitter called him Lee Clatermole with a fade and flash boots? No one can accuse me of having a vendetta I have defended him in the past, I just think the body of evidence now supports your argument 100%. Needs an up grade maybe Brookes may not, as for Brookes one footed-ness Bale springs to mind.

I started out with the same hopeful aspirations as yourself don. I hadn’t heard of Lamela prior to us making the decision to buy him and I believed that our football hierarchy had done their homework & made a sound choice. But very early into his time here I became less and less convinced he had the necessary quality we needed. Sadly, as time wore on his deficiencies became more and more apparent to me. Expressing those concerns led to years of being ostracised, verbal abuse and unbelievable ignorance. All in the cause of wanting us to eliminate our weaknesses, improve and be better.