What to Watch? | Vital Football

What to Watch?

timnolongerinbrisban

Vital Squad Member
With a 4 day weekend coming up and the possibility that exercise will be banned by then, does anyone have any recommendations for decent TV to watch? I have Freeview/iPlayer and Sky, no Netflix, Amazon or anything else. I'm also an IT Neanderthal, so won't have a clue how to stream things via obscure websites.
Some Scandwegian film noir masterpiece perhaps, or have I missed an achingly funny Channel 4 sitcom? Is there a life and times of Sir Keith Peacock lurking somewhere?

Anything to stop me having to talk to the wife would be appreciated.

With a 4 day weekend coming up and the possibility that exercise will be banned by then, does anyone have any recommendations for decent TV to watch? I have Freeview/iPlayer and Sky, no Netflix, Amazon or anything else. I'm also an IT Neanderthal, so won't have a clue how to stream things via obscure websites.
Some Scandwegian film noir masterpiece perhaps, or have I missed an achingly funny Channel 4 sitcom? Is there a life and times of Sir Keith Peacock lurking somewhere?

Great series on iplayer called The Informer. About a young lad recruited as an anti terrorism informant leading up to a terror attack (if you like that sort of thing).
Very gritty and, I'm told, realistic.

Could be worth getting Netflix if your tv has the ability to show it. If you have sky q then Netflix can be accessed directly from the menus.
I believe netflix can be cancelled at any time.

There`s quite a lot available on the BBC iPlayer - series going back many years. I was quite late to the Netflix world and would recommend you consider it. Netflix provides access to masses of series from around the world plus a wide selection of movies and documentaries. I`d be a bit careful surfing some of the obscure websites for Scanwegian movies though ;)

I've only got Freesat here , and can't get iPlayer without a VPN (and a higher speed internet).
You tube has some fantastic documentaries and I chromecast them to my tele.

Just finished This Country on i Player, very funny, bizarrely Luke Norris gets a mention in series 2. Also if you have Netflix check out Australian comedy/drama Rake, which is excellent.

As a pensioner with AHD I like my entertainment bite sized. I find the From The Archives category on the iplayer a great resource. My personal favourite Nairn Across Britain. To anyone who doesn't know of him please give it a try.

Could be worth getting Netflix if your tv has the ability to show it. If you have sky q then Netflix can be accessed directly from the menus.
I believe netflix can be cancelled at any time.
Yes it can, no contract so you just pay for a month at a time. Ideal for this situation 👍

I have just started Ozark on Netflix. Really enjoying it so far
I've heard really good things about that. I tend to do Prime and Netflix in rotation (I've got Prime atm for Picard and Man in the high castle) think I'll go back to Netflix after that for Ozark although I'm liking the look of Hunters on Prime too.

The whole movie of Carmen Jones is on Youtube. Sidney Poitier heads an all black cast in a 50s version of the opera Carmen.
Brilliant songs and music and it might even get you into opera. It did for me!
Either that or watch Gills v Man City play off up to 90 minutes and pretend we won!

The whole movie of Carmen Jones is on Youtube. Sidney Poitier heads an all black cast in a 50s version of the opera Carmen.
Brilliant songs and music and it might even get you into opera. It did for me!
Either that or watch Gills v Man City play off up to 90 minutes and pretend we won!
Carmen good shout - both. Love beat out that rhythm on a drum.

I think I'll buy Woodstock (director's cut) all 3 hours 44 minutes, Sink the Bismarck, something by Norman Wisdom (sic), Battle of the River Plate, Fried Green Tomatoes, Listen to the Ring (not mine), The Third Man, The Last Picture Show, The Girl Can't Help It - Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard and Jayne Mansfield in one film, The Perfect Candidate (maybe), Rick Stein's Hidden France, the whole of Spiral if I can, the weird Seconds, The Lady Killers or similar, re-watch Inside No. 9, The whole of the Appleyards if available, Vox Tox, What's My Line, The Last Waltz and knock up a few guitars.

Really enjoying "Ashes to Ashes" on Drama channel. This has the incredibly sexy Keeley Hawes and that wonderful red Audi Quatro. The exact opposite of PC!

My son in law has Netflix and he has given me one of his 4 passes.

for comedy purposes you must see:

Extras

Derek

Toast of London

Big School (Frances De la tour is brilliant).