What style do you prefer us to play? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What style do you prefer us to play?

Which style of football do you prefer watching us play?

• Play out from the back and through midfield style

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Fast blood and thunder direct football?

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
What style did Sir Keith teams play? That đź‘Ť

Think it was a mixture. We always had some cultured players (Dave Mehmet, Colin Greenhall, Dick Tydeman early). But always some hard bastards and row z or long ball merchants (Brucie, Dean White, Keith Oakes etc).

I’m with Hull and a few others who said a decent winger and big CF is always pleasing on the eye. Tony Cas and Terry Cochrane always did it for me.

I don’t mind direct football, but it should be quick-direct, not just hoof ball. You can play directly and quickly through midfield.

I also don’t mind passing football, but not tippy-tappy, across the back line 5 times for the sake of it. Quick passing out of defence, through mid-field to forward positions is great.

But when all is said and done a “winning” style is the only one that fans will come back to watch. Whatever that style is.

Finally, I’ll echo Chris’s thoughts. Get us through this season, in decent shape as a club and with hopefully some good games thrown in there and I’ll be delighted.

Last edited:
I think Evans/Rayner have a brand of football they like to play, last year they done well and I think this year will be better, look at the year at Peterborough they played down here and beat us I think 4-3 they looked very good.