What Qualities do we need in a Captain..? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What Qualities do we need in a Captain..?

Who should be Captain?

• Tripps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dembo

• Victor

• Winks

• Lamela

• Lucas

• Davies

• Christian

• Alli

• Sissoko!!

• Dier

• Son

• Sanchez

• Someone else!!

• Total voters
Watched the game again. It was obvious that Rose was struggling to keep up and get in sync but he wasn't as bad as some people are saying. That one pass has skewed perception.

I remember a few going astray before that one pass and saying he looks very rusty. That one pass definitely proved the point though

Watched the game again. It was obvious that Rose was struggling to keep up and get in sync but he wasn't as bad as some people are saying. That one pass has skewed perception.

His successful pass completion stat was the lowest for 5 years at around 38%....less than half the rest of our players...

that's a shocking pass %
If it was down to not having enough support on the left hand side then he should have been shouting for more help. He used to be very vocal.

In fact, I've only just realised he's not even one of the poll options - thinking back a few on here thought he'd make a good captain before he started acting a prick

that's a shocking pass %
If it was down to not having enough support on the left hand side then he should have been shouting for more help. He used to be very vocal.

In fact, I've only just realised he's not even one of the poll options - thinking back a few on here thought he'd make a good captain before he started acting a prick

Again, this is why I think Mourinho got a rough deal on the night from the media. At kickoff he had Valencia at RB and he had Pogba standing on right midfield as Herrera stood in the middle. That was a clear bluff by Mourinho to disguise his formation. Within minutes Herrera was alternating between right / centre midfield and tucked in on the right of Smalling in a back 3. Both Pogba and Valencia with the endless running of Lingard and the natural tendency for Lukaku to drift right were swamping our left side and our players didn't react quick enough.

Rose's 38%pass completion is as much the ownership of the entire team versus just himself. Both were definitely a factor. In a way I'm not complaining as we looked threatening down our own right and won the game from that channel. That's why stats on an individual player don't always tell the complete story. We do need improvement from Rose though who has much more about him than we saw at OT.

Trying to justify disparaging comments on Ross's performance based on a pass completion rate is a bit harsh. He has a track record of being rusty. But even during the game he got better and if played regularly will overtake Davies if he stays fit.

Trying to justify disparaging comments on Ross's performance based on a pass completion rate is a bit harsh. He has a track record of being rusty. But even during the game he got better and if played regularly will overtake Davies if he stays fit.

surely if we're being disparaging because he looked rusty and gave the ball away too much, a pass completion rate of less than 50% is exactly what you need to back up what you thought you saw.

To quote the man himself:

“I had a very poor first half,” Rose admitted. “But I feel I got better in the second half.

surely if we're being disparaging because he looked rusty and gave the ball away too much, a pass completion rate of less than 50% is exactly what you need to back up what you thought you saw.

To quote the man himself:

“I had a very poor first half,” Rose admitted. “But I feel I got better in the second half.

There is no need to back it up, it was obvious and means very little based on Danny's previous comebacks. Quoting stats on his passing is pointless.

I certainly won't hang Danny out over the misplaced pass to Hugo, that can happen to anyone.
The look on his face after Lukaku missed and his comment to himself (for those of us who can lip read), told me how relieved he was.
He did improve after, that for me is all you can ask of a player.

If Lukaku would have finished that chance, and he easily should have, the game could have totally flipped. They missed some really good chances in the first half. It easily could have been 3-0 to them before half.

Not all of this is on Rose...but the psychological damage that could have caused may have had a domino effect...who knows.

But Lukaku did not punish us and thanks to Lloris heroics and a shitload of luck, we made it to half 0-0. (Hey it is about damn time we have some luck on ourside!!!!)

Not a massive fan of Rose and I still think we should sell him...but if he is on the pitch...hell I support him...we need everything from everyone!!!

If Lukaku would have finished that chance, and he easily should have, the game could have totally flipped. They missed some really good chances in the first half. It easily could have been 3-0 to them before half.

Not all of this is on Rose...but the psychological damage that could have caused may have had a domino effect...who knows.

But Lukaku did not punish us and thanks to Lloris heroics and a shitload of luck, we made it to half 0-0. (Hey it is about damn time we have some luck on ourside!!!!)

Not a massive fan of Rose and I still think we should sell him...but if he is on the pitch...hell I support him...we need everything from everyone!!!

I was totally citing Lukaku for his 3 or 4 misses. The game could have easily been 3 points for Utd had their £75m striker stepped up.

Also, if Moura had been sent off for the high foot, we would have lost.

However, if Craig Pawson had given us the penalty then the game would have taken a completely different direction.

That's why you gotta love football. It just defies logic and does its own thing.

I was totally citing Lukaku for his 3 or 4 misses. The game could have easily been 3 points for Utd had their £75m striker stepped up.

Also, if Moura had been sent off for the high foot, we would have lost.

However, if Craig Pawson had given us the penalty then the game would have taken a completely different direction.

That's why you gotta love football. It just defies logic and does its own thing.

Absolutely!