What positions do we still need to fill? | Vital Football

What positions do we still need to fill?

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
For those of you across our squad as it stands.
How many more signings and what positions do we still need to fill?

By my reckoning another keeper is needed as back up and push Jack for his spot.

If Big Tom goes we need another striker. Do we need 2 more (and 1 if he stays)?.

Think we are covered in midfield & defence aren’t we? Or do we need another full back?

Need a left footed full back and a number two goalie as joe Walsh perhaps not ready for mans footie yet. Surprised Eaves not gone yet..... Perhaps.......

Need a keeper, two forwards (one if Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaves stays) and a manager :-)

I've said elsewhere we're unlikely to be finished on the business front but I'm also happy for us to show faith in the youth & some of our squad's versatility in times of adversity.

No keeper - I think an emergency loan can be done if necessary.

No fullbacks - Aaron Simpson for 4th choice fullback as Fuller will cover (or be first choice) leftback.

No CBs - Tucker can fill in or Cisse can drop back if needed.

No CMs - think we need to offload some here if possible! Doing so will give us a better chance of..:

A Winger - is this where we'll see Willock or Ndjoli? If not, we have List & RCC to provide width but I think they could do with some competition.

A Striker - because we'll pull off a major coup & Eaves will stay. I'd also extend Hanlan's contract if possible. Maybe Roman Campbell will light up pre-season & firework his way into contention.

Maybe I've forgotten someone somewhere too...

Every pre-season, one or two youngsters really impress and break into the fringes of the team.
Then it gets down to the nitty gritty and are found a bit wanting.
Instead of trying to continue developing these youngsters, previous managers have pulled up the drawbridge too soon and eventually moved them on.
I know that there is no place for passengers in professional football at our level, but I'd be more than happy to see some of these young players like Oldaker , Tucker and Simpson a fair crack of the whip to show what they can do, either way.

Every pre-season, one or two youngsters really impress and break into the fringes of the team.
Then it gets down to the nitty gritty and are found a bit wanting.
Instead of trying to continue developing these youngsters, previous managers have pulled up the drawbridge too soon and eventually moved them on.
I know that there is no place for passengers in professional football at our level, but I'd be more than happy to see some of these young players like Oldaker , Tucker and Simpson a fair crack of the whip to show what they can do, either way.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment I also see the other-side of the argument, fans want results, if a player/results don't come immediately then people start calling for the managers head.

I also see the other side of the argument but would still like our club to develop more.
It's a fine line but many young players thrive when playing with better players. If we don't land another out and out striker then maybe Oldaker could thrive in a Dack role

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a striker on Monday. I've a feeling we've got one lined up and his contact will expire on Sunday. Just keeping stum so no one else pinches him

Ricky Miller released by Vale...
Could get a good couple of seasons out of him and settle him back down again in our neck of the woods!?..

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a striker on Monday. I've a feeling we've got one lined up and his contact will expire on Sunday. Just keeping stum so no one else pinches him
Could be the same day Tom Eaves officially leaves the club. Was he back in for training today?

We need to a big target man to hold the ball up and bring the others into play. Someone to get on the end of defenders lumping it or are we not doing that this season ?

I very much doubt it his record since leaving Dover is pretty average

As was a certain Mr Eaves record before signing for us.
Since Miller left Dover he hasn’t settled anywhere. 30yrs old now, one last shot at football league and coming back down to family might help also. Shouldn’t break the bank with wages either, could be worth a punt

Re the OP title, Prime Minister.The two potential ones we have are crap. Can we get one on loan from another country, Jacinda Aherne perhaps?