What next? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What next?

Wanyama declares he is staying but could move in the summer.

Hooper won't go for bids less than £8m.

Expected to sign a GK on loan, probably Viktor Noring!

Claims we may try and snatch Johnny Russell from Dundee Utd, it seems we are linked with him every transfer window!

I heard Russell would only be acquired if Hooper is sold. And Lenny thinks that neither will come to pass.

Transfer deadline day in general has been crap! No deals through at Celtic yet, the big Swedish keeper is definitely at Celtic Park so that deal should go through though.

We did approach Wolves to take Kevin Doyle on loan but that approach was rejected!

Looks like that deal for Viktor Noring is going through and we have also apparently signed Colin McCabe from Cavan Shamrocks in Ireland. He had a trial with Man Utd last year I think. I don't actually know how old he is but I think he might only be about 16 or 17. There is very little info on him other than he is Irish, plays for Cavan Shamrocks, is a GK and might have had a trial with Man Utd.......

This window was weak but I did not expect any acquisitions. The club will win the league easily and even a marguee signing would take time to bed in. With the Juve game weeks away, it's hard to see anyone making an impact in the CL. Sure, another good forward would have been great, but I see Hooper and hopefully a fit Samaras playing up front on European nights. Doyle was the one hope.

No, I think the board was content to get some cheap prospects and just hold onto Hooper, Forster and Wanyama. Combine the sale of Ki with the CL cash and this has been a hugely profitable season. And successful to boot.

Agreed welch! However next season is going to prove to be very tough if Hooper, Wanyama and possibly even Forster leave! On the plus side.......we will have lots of cash with which to strengthen the team again and bring the right players in.

Our scouting department are no doubt already looking for the new talent and have people lined up!

Did anyone see the Celtic Facebook Page uploading photos of the Celtic Charity group's trip to Kenya and their visit to Wanyama's parents house? His younger brother is in a couple of photos......I'm betting a trial has already been set up. He already has the Celtic training gear but Wanyama could have sent that home. He looks like a tank of a player as well though! Would be great to see him join us, if he's as good as his brothers!!

[img=http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321335_519725704734006_1807177597_n.jpg]

[img=http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/184616_519725748067335_1549819384_n.jpg]

Not a thing........don't even know if he is a player! haha!

We have former Man Utd youth player Kenjii Gore on trial at the moment though. He's an 18 year old winger who's father is an SFA youth coach. He got as far as representing Man Utd Reserves but was released, we have until March to sign him for free if we are interested.

He doesn't look like a player. He looks like he works the concession stand and eats half the product!

Latest Celtic News