What next? | Vital Football

What next?

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
So we have been playing well recently, a few little issues along the way but we are looking strong!

So other than replacing possible departures this January (it's not far away now), do we need to strengthen any particular positions??

Strangely for us as well.......I'm not sure that there is anyone we should be actively trying to sell and then replace. Or is there and I've just forgotten at this moment?

The only position I can think that we might need to strengthen is bringing in another LB. Izzy has been back to form but as he is injured, it means we need to move Mulgrew or Matthews to LB to cover. But with Lustig and/or Matthews often having niggly injuries at times this season, that's not ideal!

Blackman was away to ICT on loan but that was ended even after a MOTM performance because of his attitude. This has apparently pissed off Lenny big time so I don't expect to see him back near the first team any time soon! He might be one we will look to send out on loan again in January. His future at this club may be in doubt! He wouldn't really be a loss for us any more.

My only thought is that we have Chalmers pushing towards the first team as well as Twardzik who can also play back there. We could easily manage through to at least next summer but I'm not sure it would be the best idea. Thoughts anyone?

let blackman go hes messed up too many times with attitude. no loss get him away and give the boys a chance, maybe loan a left back in as cover

That mean you would agree with me that the only position we really need to strengthen is LB? Unless of course any of our big names get snapped up for MEGA bucks!

We are already looking at some potential transfers for January.

So far we have had USA international striker Juan Agudelo on a trial and he has apparently been very impressive. So impressive that Lennon wants to get him signed up and the player himself is very keen on a move to Europe.

He's a 6ft tall, 20 yr old rangy striker. Quite long legs but he's very quick and has good skill with stepovers etc. He is physically quite strong despite his slim appearance. He is decent in the air, technically seems to be very good and is a typical poacher. He likes to play on the shoulder. He can play out wide of a central striker as well, so he would be well suited to Lennon's favoured 4-3-3 formation of the moment.

He made his debut for the US national team at age 17 and scored his first full international goal at age 17, making him the youngest ever scorer for the US national team.

[youtube=Nxbe9vDcYYY]

The other player who has just arrived on trial is 19 year old Ghanaian forward, Frank "Messi" Acheampong. Frank (as I will now refer to him) is generally used as a left winger but can play up front, again he is well suited to Lennon's new favoured formation of 4-3-3 as he can play through the middle or out wide.

He's about 5ft 5 and may struggle with the physical side of the SPL but he is quick and has very good balance, mainly due to his lower centre of gravity. He has some good skill and very good ball control and is also quite 2 footed, he seems comfortable with both feet but I believe is predominantly left footed.

He started off in his homeland before moving to a new club in his homeland in 2010 while also being invited to a training camp in Dubai by the Man City owner, to be watched by his other club Al-Jazeera. In February 2011 he signed for Thailand Premier League club Buriram United.
He has also now made his debut for the full Ghanaian national team.

They are hoping that this could be another exciting young find from Africa just like Wanyama, Ambrose and (although still to prove himself) Ibrahim.

Another young player with a lot of potential. Wait and see what comes of it!

He has good composure in front of goal and is a very good finisher. Former SPL player, Steven Robb who played for Dundee United and St Mirren and now plays in Thailand has played against Frank a number of times now and he has always been used as a winger in those games and feels he definitely has the ability to cut it in the SPL.

[youtube=YDGfdPMw8tA]

His club are saying no......Lennon and the club are saying they want to try and sign him and he is very keen to try and move to European football! He certainly seems to have impressed!

Check out my scouting reports if you get a minute, some good young players I've come across again! Also got a new defender to add!

Frank Acheampong is no longer on trial and we will not be taking things any further with him but Lennon has confirmed that they are interested in signing the young American striker Agudelo and have made tentative approaches to his club.

Recent discussions have suggested what we may really need to add to the squad is that attacking midfielder, the one with vision, creativity and the ability to beat a man to make things happen.

Is there anything else we should be buying or at least be in the market for this January?

We only have 2 players with expiring contracts at the end of the season, Paddy and Rogne. I would be surprised if we didn't give Rogne a new deal especially as we can afford it with the CL money rolling in. Paddy on the other hand.....I think his time is up! 29 years old, constantly getting injured and never proved his fitness.....when was the last time he played and actually did anything of any real significance?

Other transfer rumours going around at the moment include Gary Hooper. We all know he is attracting interest from clubs in England; Southampton have been admiring him for a long time and are still interested while Newcastle are also said to be interested especially as Ba and Cisse will be leaving for the African Cup of Nations in January, they need a replacement or 2. Liverpool are the other English club said to be interested and they really need some more firepower up front with one striker (yet to score for them) out injured and only Luis Suarez as the other recognised striker. Anyone else is technically playing out of position. It is more or less guaranteed they will be in the market for a good striker and I'm sure Hooper will be high on their list!

As well as the English clubs though, Juventus are now apparently chasing him and have sent scouts to watch him......they are in the market for a striker after Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner has failed to score all season for them and has now had to have surgery on a thigh injury which will see his loan spell cut short and return to Arsenal. Hooper only has 18 months left on his current deal and we will want him signed up before the January window so that we can either request more money for him or fend off any potential offers for him!

Other news regarding possible transfers is for one of our most promising youth players. Lewis Kidd, 17 years old is an attacking midfielder who has impressed in the NextGen Series this season as well as being part of the U19 double winning side last season. He is the most capped youth player I think I've possibly ever seen......he has 27 caps for Scotland's youth teams including captaining the Victory Shield team.
His impressive performance for us against PSV in the NextGen series has apparently led to an approach from a Dutch team but it was brushed off by us. Now however, Dutch Giants Ajax are said to be closely monitoring Kidd and could be set to make a bid for the promising 17 year old! He apparently has around 18 months left on his deal so we should be able to fend them off with a high asking price. Kidd's only first team appearance was against Norwich in a friendly at the end of last season. In some ways though, I wouldn't mind if Kidd chose to move to Ajax, think about how good a player he could become......Ajax have an almost unmatched record of producing top quality young players and so if they see something in Kidd, there really must be something impressive about him. However, I would also like to think that we could bring out the best in him here as well and hopefully by the end of the season, he is given a chance in the first team to see how he gets on.

Oh, and Andre Blackman can probably consider himself as good as gone! He hasn't even been included since his loan spell at ICT was cut short and Lennon was apparently left fuming. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't featured in our development squad or the first team squad and I'm not sure what involvement if any he has even had with the first team, even with regards to training.

It appears we are in for Israeli center back Rami Gershon. He plays for Standard Liege. Wee Od, get on it!

Apparently, Norwich City wants to buy Kayal and may offer pounds 5 million. I'd bite their hand off.

Scouted Gershon way back last season welch!!! I think he's fantastic! I'll repost the info on him when I can! He can play numerous positions including playing a lot at LB!

I read about Norwich but some media are suggesting Chris Hughton was up watching Hooper! Would take a big offer from Norwich for that to work though! £5m for Kayal....might be a goer!

Ibrahim is off to Kilmarnock! Not really surprising as he wasn't getting much game time! Still think he's a talented wee player but maybe just not quite cutting it in this good Celtic team at the moment!

All the best to him! I think Killie have got themselves a good little money earner because he could lead to a decent cash offer from another team if they can get him playing well!

Reports suggest former Blackpool boss Ian Holloway will renew his interest in Paddy and try a £750k bid to take him to Crystal Palace.....considering his contract is up at the end of the year and we don't need or really use him anyway, you'd have to bite their hand off for that deal!

Thomas Rogne is a target for AIK Stockholm. AIK signed Daniel Mjastorovic in the summer as well as taking Bangura on loan and are now eyeing Rogne who wants to leave due to a lack of first team games, needing to play to keep his hopes of being involved in the international setup alive and probably due to the lack of progress on a new contract. Rogne, still only 22, is wanted by Lennon but is clearly not going to be a first choice and understands his need for games. I think we may see Rogne leave on a loan deal if the Gershon move goes through. I'd tie him to a new 2 year contract and let him go on loan, you never know who could want our defenders in the summer and Rogne is a good replacement for any who might leave!

AIK are also believed to be chasing Bangura for another loan. He only returned a few weeks ago but was apparently told by Lennon he has no future here now......probably due to the emergence of Watt and Lassad.

Here is a video of Rami Gershon.......I think it's fairly self explanatory! Haha!

[youtube=-K3zE08yEqY]

I am always suspect of thes efilms. I could show you footage of Paddy that makes him look like he is worth pounds 5 million. But I do trust Lenny and the scouting staff.

I am always suspect of thes efilms. I could show you footage of Paddy that makes him look like he is worth pounds 5 million. But I do trust Lenny and the scouting staff.

His agent is the same guy that brought is Kayal and Ambrose and he's the agent of a few others we've been close to signing as well.......Lior Rafelov and Maor Melikson. This agent, Dudu Dahan certainly seems to be getting a very good portfolio together of young emerging talent from developing football nations! Mainly he seems to cover Israel and Nigeria but his clients are starting to spread!

He got Ambrose a trial at Man City back in Feb 2012 but unfortunately his club wouldn't let him stay and play in a game so Mancini said no but really liked the look of him in training, now we know why! A former team-mate of Ambrose, Nir Biton (who I scouted before) also got a trial at Man City and played in 2 out of 3 of their pre season friendly games in Austria at the start of this season, however a move never came about. Having watched the video of those games though, it's not what I expected. He looked good when I scouted him before but when playing for City in the pre-season games, he seemed very restricted. It was as though Mancini told him "you sit as a defensive midfielder and stop any attacks, when you get the ball, you pass it, that's IT!!" which wouldn't surprise me as that is quite an Italian thing to do but I don't think it plays to his strengths! Don't be surprised if we are linked with him as a replacement for the likes of Wanyama this summer!

We are also said to be interested in a player from Rubin Kazan, according to Russian media. I believe we've been linked with him before. He is a Finnish midfielder called Roman Eremenko. Certainly seems like a top class player but the rumoured £4m transfer fee makes it seem very unlikely......perhaps one for the summer after some big money moves though?

Latest Celtic News