What next? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What next?

Can Jose turn it around?

• Total voters
Naturally head coaches will come & go but the platform will still be set in place for others to follow. My point being Brazil had a different coach in all 3 World Cups & yet their playing style remained virtually the same. They were unfancied in 2 of the 3 tournaments as well which they eventually won.

If our playing style remains the same as now, God help any paying fans left - I wouldn't be one of them, I'd have died of ...!!

Imagine a keep and you have 4 knights defending the keep(er) and the keep comes under attack and the french knight goes potty and has to be replaced by an Irish knight, but to make matters worse your best knight (Belgium) is replaced by a knight known to crack under pressure, hence you recall your army to defend the keep, you find yourself under siege and it turns out you are now fighting a pack of wolves.

Its worrying because then next invaders are cottagers!!! OOOOOwer matrion saucey.

Think of spurs like this and you may choke on your pint !! But at least you will be smiling.

That article is close to how I feel about it Ex. Scaring players into playing his way seems to stunt anything other than long ball and counter attacks. In fact ndombele seems to be the only player who isn’t completely predictable. We’ll have a few players who emerge out the other side of Jose’s tough love as warriors but more I’d imagine who think f this I’m off or don’t meet his standards and get dropped

When you look at the likes of Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Mata & etc who he cast aside at previous clubs we have to accept the churn rate with Jose is likely higher than ENIC pockets will allow.

That article is close to how I feel about it Ex. Scaring players into playing his way seems to stunt anything other than long ball and counter attacks. In fact ndombele seems to be the only player who isn’t completely predictable. We’ll have a few players who emerge out the other side of Jose’s tough love as warriors but more I’d imagine who think f this I’m off or don’t meet his standards and get dropped

When you look at the likes of Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Mata & etc who he cast aside at previous clubs we have to accept the churn rate with Jose is likely higher than ENIC pockets will allow.

As I've pointed out many times, it's been a very long time sinvce he's created a winning team ethos by developing/improving what he already has to hand, but he surely does know how to spend big and build a winning team, even if during it he feels the need to chuck good players under the defensive bus.

let's all hope that it's worth it.

Last edited:
It has been suggested we have a right side problem which is causing an inbalance. So I had a quick ponder over it.
Aurier cant cross, Doherty has not impressed yet. Loco and Lamela are very left footed. It is thought Sissoko is getting so many minutes to bolster it.
Is this a thing and is there an answer ?

It has been suggested we have a right side problem which is causing an inbalance. So I had a quick ponder over it.
Aurier cant cross, Doherty has not impressed yet. Loco and Lamela are very left footed. It is thought Sissoko is getting so many minutes to bolster it.

Simple consistency at the right sided positions would be the first thing I'd try. Usually it's the basics that are lost first, and obviously Jose is scrambling to the point where his rational thinking capabilities are affected.

I'd stick with Doherty, give him an actual run of games. He has a very instinctual knack for getting a killer header into the box, and with PEH raoming to cover, why not play to his strenghts? Certainly haven't done so yet.

Right attacker should be a goal threat that can play off Doherty. Perfect slot for Bale if he's healthy. Really would like to see a player like Jack Clarke get a run & a chance. He might surprise.

Jose will do none of this because he's a pussy.

Simple consistency at the right sided positions would be the first thing I'd try. Usually it's the basics that are lost first, and obviously Jose is scrambling to the point where his rational thinking capabilities are affected.

I'd stick with Doherty, give him an actual run of games. He has a very instinctual knack for getting a killer header into the box, and with PEH raoming to cover, why not play to his strenghts? Certainly haven't done so yet.

Right attacker should be a goal threat that can play off Doherty. Perfect slot for Bale if he's healthy. Really would like to see a player like Jack Clarke get a run & a chance. He might surprise.

Jose will do none of this because he's a pussy.

Like the rational part of your post.....please don’t denigrate cats on here 😈

The answer is to remove the player who's been fucking up the longest. Lamela running down cul de sacs for seven years, we need Sissoko in the team to get the ball back.