What next for FGR? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What next for FGR?

She was OK. Certainly good enough for the standard. (I was going to say that she held her own, but that would likely have prompted some bright spark to ask whether or not she held everyone else's too ! :rolleyes:)

Did she ever catch the ball ?

What is the world coming to, they will be allowed to vote next.
Serious question, do you have a problem with women? Did your wife cheat on you, leave you and take the kids? All you seem to do is come on here and insult them. I get it, you're fat, bald, old and lonely, don't take it out on them though.

Serious question, do you have a problem with women? Did your wife cheat on you, leave you and take the kids? All you seem to do is come on here and insult them. I get it, you're fat, bald, old and lonely, don't take it out on them though.

All I seem to do............What, two joke post out of nearly 1000????? and its all I seem to do!!!!!!
Grow up you tart I'm only having a laugh.
I don't have any problems with women as long as they know their place.
Now run along and look if there are any pots in the sink on your way past.

All I seem to do............What, two joke post out of nearly 1000????? and its all I seem to do!!!!!!
Grow up you tart I'm only having a laugh.
I don't have any problems with women as long as they know their place.
Now run along and look if there are any pots in the sink on your way past.
Touched a nerve have I...

Touched a nerve have I...

Not at all, my nerves are completly untouched.
Its just a bit of good old fashioned sexist banter, chill out a bit.
The 'fun police' don't jail us for it yet, but Arthur will probably move it or close it down as someone feelings may get hurt.

Let them manage a team, be they white , black or any other ethnic origin, whether they're male or female, perhaps even transgender.....if the said team is successful it'll be immaterial. Guess it's the time we live in for an old dinosaur like me!!!

I don't think that there's any issue with a woman being able to manage egos, physicality etc. in the mens game and I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there is.
The sex of the manager has nowt to do with it and many male managers have failed to be able to do this - that had nowt to do with them being male and everything to do with them not being able to man/person manage their players despite having years and years of experience in the men's game

In work I've had great managers and I've had really bad ones. In both categories some have been men and some have been women - their sex or gender had not been thing to do with it

That said where I think a female manager may struggle is there lack of knowledge and experience within the men's game. And I'm not talking about the style or physicality of the football but the contacts, scouting networks and so on. That I feel is partly the reason why many coaches and assistants can fail to make the step up to manager - they're great being told what to teach to players who've been brought in by somebody else but when they've got to change that personal relationship with the players and source players themselves they come unstuck

I think any female manager should be made to do a soapy massage around the bollock area like wot Don Revie used to do. That's equality for you. Form an orderly queue lads...lads, lads LADS FFS.

I don't think that there's any issue with a woman being able to manage egos, physicality etc. in the mens game and I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there is.
The sex of the manager has nowt to do with it and many male managers have failed to be able to do this - that had nowt to do with them being male and everything to do with them not being able to man/person manage their players despite having years and years of experience in the men's game

In work I've had great managers and I've had really bad ones. In both categories some have been men and some have been women - their sex or gender had not been thing to do with it

That said where I think a female manager may struggle is there lack of knowledge and experience within the men's game. And I'm not talking about the style or physicality of the football but the contacts, scouting networks and so on. That I feel is partly the reason why many coaches and assistants can fail to make the step up to manager - they're great being told what to teach to players who've been brought in by somebody else but when they've got to change that personal relationship with the players and source players themselves they come unstuck
Actually I’d turn that around and say that someone like Emma Hayes if she was to leave Chelsea and join say a L1 club, would likely have her pick of the best loanees at Chelsea just like Lampard did when he was at Derby. Considering that no female manager will get a job managing a men’s side unless they have achieved significant success at a big WSL club, then those contacts will already be in place.

Actually I’d turn that around and say that someone like Emma Hayes if she was to leave Chelsea and join say a L1 club, would likely have her pick of the best loanees at Chelsea just like Lampard did when he was at Derby. Considering that no female manager will get a job managing a men’s side unless they have achieved significant success at a big WSL club, then those contacts will already be in place.

Chelsea wouldn't send out their best loanees to a L1 club but lets not forget that even if they did, Lampard knew those players, he knew which ones were needed for his team to fill the gaps so to speak & cherry picked them
Emma Hayes would have nowhere near that knowledge having worked with the women's team & there's a world of difference between cherry picking the ones you've worked & trained alongside & having a load sent to you en-masse coz Chelsea say they're good enough
We've seen ourselves since dropping out of the Premier League the number of top flight loanees who have been sent to us and heralded as "highly rated" by their parent clubs who have turned out to be utter pig swill - for every Reece James there have been numerous Shaq Coulthirst's, Francisco Junior's, Jordy Hiwula's, Sheyi Ojo, Jerome Sinclair etc..

None of what I said is intended as a criticism & if a woman were to go through the application process and emerge as the best candidate for a manager's job then I'm all for it - When refereeing I've worked with numerous female officials & they were just as good as the male officials from the same level
I also don't think that other people's ignorance - such as players not respecting them purely because they are female should have any bearing on the matter. That's a problem for those players & clubs to sort out & not a problem for the incoming manager. Much like the rumour when Jewell was having trouble with the squad he inherited & (so the story goes) Whelan got them all together, started throwing money on the floor & told them who was in charge & if they didn't like it they could take that money & go. Our form soon changed after that & the rest is history (although I have no idea how true that story is)

Any women commentating on football or studio analysis off the TV volume goes, they talk nowt but shite when they aren't stating the obvious, their screechy voices also get on my tits, the sooner we are allowed back in stadiums the better.

Fuck the BBC.

Chelsea wouldn't send out their best loanees to a L1 club but lets not forget that even if they did, Lampard knew those players, he knew which ones were needed for his team to fill the gaps so to speak & cherry picked them
Emma Hayes would have nowhere near that knowledge having worked with the women's team & there's a world of difference between cherry picking the ones you've worked & trained alongside & having a load sent to you en-masse coz Chelsea say they're good enough.

Lampard left Chelsea in 2014, which youngsters will he have "worked & trained alongside", none would be a reasonable estimate, he only knew what people within the club told him.

Going to have to start thinking where can we go where woman dont
I know the kitchen

Gabby Yorath/Logan should have been the main MOTD presenter years ago. Lineker is too often a smug overpaid irritant ....just my opinion like ..

I have a lot of respect for Gabby Yorath and dont mind Alex Scott & Karen Cairns as co-presenters but I struggle with some of the female commentator due to the high pitch of their voices.
I wasnt keen on Jonathon Pearce at first but got used to him so I'm guessing it is all about accepting change.