What Jose told KWP | Vital Football

What Jose told KWP

Spursex

Alert Team
Walker-Peters told The Times about Mourinho’s message to him when he left for Southampton on loan in January: “He said listen, Kyle, Tottenham is your home so you’re welcome to come back whenever you want. He said he just wants me to play, play, play. ‘Bang out as many games as you can.’

“If I do that, hopefully he’ll see me as a more experienced player and that’s all I want — a run of five, ten games where I can show what I can do.

“I feel, in my career, I’ve shown it in glimpses, but it’s always been one or two games, then I don’t play again.”

Given that Aurier is a player who consistently makes mistakes which lose us points, I'm surprised that KWP has been discarded, irrespective of claims that he needs game time elsewhere. I think that he could be given that game time at Spurs, he's not let the team down on occasions when he has been selected to play.

Agree with real deal. I never see much point in defenders sitting on the bench when they should be on the pitch, at a lower standard if needed, learning their trade.