What is wrong with Jarvis? | Vital Football

What is wrong with Jarvis?

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
Does anybody actually know what is wrong with Jarvis physically? Given how long he has not played for the first team, I would have thought that most people would have retired from football by now.

What’s wrong with him is that he hanging on to his contract to make as many millions out of our club as he possibly can whilst doing sweet FA. Nice work if you can get it

Something very wrong with our fitness test then. No idea what is actually wrong with him. Is he even in training?
For months I forgot he was even our player.

Has he ever played for us ? I have never seen him . This is crazy that we are forking out massive Prem wages for this bloke who has done nothing for us

Drayton Green - 17/1/2018 19:16

who signed sicknote !!
I recall it was a panic buy after we just sold a winger ?

If I remember correctly he signed to replace Bradley Johnson.

Also I think it's an ankle injury which isn't good as they can have a habit of never fully going away.

He was on loan for the season and then somebody had the bright idea of signing him on a permanent so that we could get Bamford (who hardly played for us) in on loan!

He got fit this season and then got another injury. I remember Jarvis scoring on his debut and once he was signed his performance dropped and injuries came next. A bit like Thompson who is very injury prone and I wonder if time will pass him by and end up not reaching his potential.

At least Thompson isn't on 30k a week!!! Is this not something that can be written into contracts? The sick note culture seems quite common in football. In rugby if the doctor says you'll not play top level again the player just packs his boots and moves on.

Footballers live in a different world to the real one . In my company if you were unable to do the job then they said goodbye to you . Also we were on half wages while on the sick , and none at all after after a year of being off . I guess Jarvis is still pulling in his £30,000 a week while his productivity has been zero

I do wonder about Thompson - a talent that is for sure and I think if he was fit we would have two bloody good central midfielders in Thompson - Godfrey and add into that Trybull and that is a strong midfield but Thompson is very injury prone and I think it could affect him mentally. Hopefully, this will be it for him and he will be back stronger.

A mentioned Jarvis was a good player and I hated him playing against us when he was at Wolves but he is older, slower and injury plagued. If he was on a low wage then I'd think Norwich would give him a season of being fit but I can only see him going out the door - loan maybe at first unless a money bid comes in. I haven't seen the guy in ages. He has played only 19 games for us since 2015! I think the last time he played a game for the first team was December 2016 - if I am right then that is over a year since a game yet he is still here. He came back and played for u23s this season and got another injury after a few minutes and that was the u23s so will he be able to cope with a more competitive game?

Guess what? Jarvis only lasted 20 minutes tonight after picking up an injury. He limped off after 20 minutes with what looks like a Hamstring injury. The guy is made of paper and it is time to move him out.

...update - Jarvis went or his run with the ball and went down holding both his ankles - the guy can't run if he does he gets an injury

Pathetic - why don't we just terminate his contract? Yes we'll have to buy him out but surely he hasn't got long left?? He hasn't played for us in 2 years and he hasn't had a renewal in that time? I'd have thought cheaper for us than paying his Prem wages for sitting in his house. Wouldn't happen at any other club.

This useless bloke and the just as useless Rusty Markin and Nonshit will bleed us dry with their Prem wages next season unless we can rid ourselves of them . We will have to sell Maddison just to pay their wages until June 2019 . What a joke of a club we are

It’s all right for Jarvis . Assuming he is on Prem wages then he will cost us a MILLION and a HALF in wages until June 2019 for contributing nothing . We had better sell Maddison quick to help fill up Jarvis’s bank account .