What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ?

Deano v Ipswich
Cahill v Scum
McGinn v Sheff
Hutton v Scum
Hitzlsperger v Scum
JPA v Chelsea

It's amazing how we always seem to score crackers against the Scum. Really helps to rub their noses in it, showing them some real quality for a change.

Hutton’s will certainly go down as *one of* the best down the years. Just glided through like Maradona did against England and stroked it home in front of a packed holte end in the derby with his weaker foot. While it’ll never be the best goal I’ve seen at Villa Park (But certainly one of), I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed one that much!

Hutton’s will certainly go down as *one of* the best down the years. Just glided through like Maradona did against England and stroked it home in front of a packed holte end in the derby with his weaker foot. While it’ll never be the best goal I’ve seen at Villa Park (But certainly one of), I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed one that much!
Sir Dennis v Liverpool beautiin our championship season.

As I said above, I still think Deano v Ipswich was THE best , but it depends on what you are defining as "the best"

If you go on sheer - how the hell did he do that = then it is Deano

If you are going on utter sheer technique - then McGinn takes some beating

But if you want the all round package of a non scoring cult hero, scoring one the goals of a lifetime against the Blues - then yesterday was just pure perfection.

I have been lucky to have some wonderful memories with the Villa over the years - Tranmere will never be topped, Swindon was probably the most important day ever (up until the next time it happens)

But for just 30 seconds of pure joy and panadonium - yesterday was up there with any moment

Walking round having this fixed grin must be like suffering from permanent wind!! I sit in the upper Holte by an exit and even the police were smiling and cheering at the goal by Hutton!
Then to cap it all, my other half is a bluenose (I have tried converting her but there is none so blind as those that cannot see), life does nor get any better!!
Still smiling, UTV

This is annoying me now.

I started this thread but is the title grammatically correct ?

Should it be

What is the best goal.....

Instead of what i put which was

What's the best goal......

I've changed it for you MD. Leave it a few days and see what you think. I know it is important to you.

Lol.

Hmmmm. Not sure .

Keep thinking...

'What's the the story morning glory'

Is that correct?. Should I contact Noel to get him to change it. I don't think changing the title of one of the best albums of all time after 22 years is a problem really. .

The goals mentioned on here were all special & memorable, one that was unexpected for us was the Chris Nichol goal at Old Trafford on the 2nd league cup final replay against Everton.

Lol.

Hmmmm. Not sure .

Keep thinking...

'What's the the story morning glory'

Is that correct?. Should I contact Noel to get him to change it. I don't think changing the title of one of the best albums of all time after 22 years is a problem really. .

Grammatically, there's (see what I did there?) absolutely nothing wrong with it - it's (and again!) merely a contraction with the appropriate use of an apostrophe. It's (oops!) all down to personal preference.

Please don't (wow) contact Noel Gallagher - you'll (last one!) look like a dick. Like I do right now :lol:

If you do contact Noel, he will probably tell you that 'What's the the story morning glory' is not actually the title of their album... :loser:

Live in person it’s probably gotta be Hourihane’s goal against blues last season. Don’t really make the trip down to VP often so never had the pleasure of witnessing worldies like McGinn’s or Jack’s volley against Cardiff.

On 2 minutes 26, this was one of the best goals I have seen at Villa by Brazilian Edu in 1972 against Santos. At the time, I think most of us had never seen a player being able to bend a ball like that.

you forget what a great club we are, who have done so much for the English game with goals that if scored in London or North west would still be shown on Sky highlights today
great goals , great fans, great club and many Great memories seeing those goals again.
still will be Peter the great at Rotterdam for me. Villa park or not.