What is it with Stevie Nichol..? | Vital Football

What is it with Stevie Nichol..?

Saw this earlier in the week the other bloke is right Liverpool have finished where they were expected to be in the top 2 it’s certainly an achievement to go unbeaten but Id say the reason they’re so far in front is more to do with city’s failings, nichol just refuses to listen saying there’s no pressure on us, I’d say there’s always more pressure trying not to get relegated imagine how their fans would be and the media if they were down the bottom you only have to look at manure and they’re only mid table, pep is under no where near as much pressure for coming 2nd than say the ex Watford manager who lost his job for being in the bottom 3
bloke talks out of his arse

Saw this earlier in the week the other bloke is right Liverpool have finished where they were expected to be in the top 2 it’s certainly an achievement to go unbeaten but Id say the reason they’re so far in front is more to do with city’s failings, nichol just refuses to listen saying there’s no pressure on us, I’d say there’s always more pressure trying not to get relegated imagine how their fans would be and the media if they were down the bottom you only have to look at manure and they’re only mid table, pep is under no where near as much pressure for coming 2nd than say the ex Watford manager who lost his job for being in the bottom 3
bloke talks out of his arse
Nicol had a spell at Swillsbro towards the end of his career,it affects alot like this(Meks em crackers):yes: Typical arrogant ex player of the real big clubs,it's his view and his view only that counts.That said Klopp will be named Manager of the year quite rightly in my view but that dunt diminish wor our TUFTY's achieved on the contrary to be mentioned along side Herr Klopp just shows the respect we as a club and TUFTY&and the boys are nar gerrin from the media.UTMPB

When you look at Steve Nicol do you see a recent professional athlete ?
He looks like my Dad, and my Dad's 84
I hope Jurgen Klopp does win the manager of the year, he's cleaned up, everything he could win so far, he's won.

I think Wilder would be more than a bit embarrassed to win it after what Klopp has done.

The whole thing has this patronising feel to it, scruffy, garbage, crabby old Sheffield United challenge the top five, what an achievement.

Did they say this when Wolves challenged them last year ?
Did they say it when Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Palace, Southampton have had good seasons ?
Norwich, Ipswich, West Ham and QPR have all finished second in fairly recent times.

Why is it such a miracle to everybody that we could do well, why does everybody treat it as though Wilder has managed to achieve this with somebody like Halifax or Northampton ?

Steve Nicol is a pundit on TV here in Canada, he's a fucking idiot, he's on with Craig Burley who slaughters him regularly. The fact he can't even accept Donaldson has a point makes him look even more stupid. Twat of the highest order.

when he says swap managers over, wilder would have pissed everything league champions league both cups the lot by winning every single game by 3 clear goals wi that squad. klopp would struggle to keep our squad up .thats the difference ,give wilder 400 million to spend lets see how he does. .klopp as done great really as ,but lets see where things finish at the end of the season liverpool win league we get into champions league whats the biggest sensation around the world of football ,no comparison is there if it happens. wilder and knill have been quite simply the best so far

When you look at Steve Nicol do you see a recent professional athlete ?
He looks like my Dad, and my Dad's 84
I hope Jurgen Klopp does win the manager of the year, he's cleaned up, everything he could win so far, he's won.

I think Wilder would be more than a bit embarrassed to win it after what Klopp has done.

The whole thing has this patronising feel to it, scruffy, garbage, crabby old Sheffield United challenge the top five, what an achievement.

Did they say this when Wolves challenged them last year ?
Did they say it when Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Palace, Southampton have had good seasons ?
Norwich, Ipswich, West Ham and QPR have all finished second in fairly recent times.

Why is it such a miracle to everybody that we could do well, why does everybody treat it as though Wilder has managed to achieve this with somebody like Halifax or Northampton ?
wilder wouldnt feel embarrassed at all. its sensational what hes doing not only with united as a club but the players hes got he,d be so proud and humble but no way embarrassed . we 4 seasons ago were scruffy,garbage,crabby embarrassing sheffield united, look at us now thats wilder and no one else.

The obvious solution to me is to award the Premier League Manager of the Year to CW and give the overall Manager of the Year award to Klopp.

If there is one thing this season has taught us; it is that there are many so called “pundits” (invariably ex players) who are paid for their expertise and who are cheating their employers, because their knowledge only covers established PL clubs. So arrogant (or lazy) are they that they do no research on any team that does not regularly appear on the main TV channels.
Fortunately, Steve Nicol apparently appears on a Canadian channel, not a British one. No need, we have enough plonkers of our own!

wilder wouldnt feel embarrassed at all. its sensational what hes doing not only with united as a club but the players hes got he,d be so proud and humble but no way embarrassed . we 4 seasons ago were scruffy,garbage,crabby embarrassing sheffield united, look at us now thats wilder and no one else.

Yes, and 4 years ago it was scruffy, crabby, garbage Wolves.
And at some point in the future a Nottm Forest or a Portsmouth or a Middlesbrough or a Birmingham or a Derby County or somebody else of extremely average status will have a good season in the top flight as well.

Will it be the greatest miracle to ever happen in football ?
No, it won't

There are even some f@ckwits putting our sixth place position on a par with Leicester winning the title
Absolute bollocks !!!!!!

Wilders achievements have been fantastic, but plenty of clubs have been in the top six two thirds of the way through a season before. It's becoming less frequent, but plenty have done it.

Jurgen Klopp has won trophies, and that is a bigger achievement IMO.