What is happening to sport? | Vital Football

What is happening to sport?

Silentjourneyhome

Vital Youth Team
Winnersh Rangers boys' team have been ordered by a judge to pay £3,000 compensation to a ten year old boy who was substituted during a pre-season tournament while playing for the club's Aztecs youth side. His Father claimed his Son suffered emotional harm as a result.

Winnersh Rangers boys' team have been ordered by a judge to pay £3,000 compensation to a ten year old boy who was substituted during a pre-season tournament while playing for the club's Aztecs youth side. His Father claimed his Son suffered emotional harm as a result.

I think the award was due to the club's representatives not showing up in court. They claim they weren't informed of the date. I don't know if that will change anything, but either way the kid's dad is a twat!

ive been managing junior football sides for 15 year and my god theirs some right idiots on the side lines.

I demand compensation for all the times I was subbed.....they all hurt my feelings!

No worse feeling than turning up every week, told you were a sub, and then not getting on because the manager thought the result was more important than everyone getting a bit of pitch-time.

Thinking about when my lad was playing at U11's level, we played a game where only 10 of them turned up anyway in bad weather. After 15 minutes one of the parents who had been moaning about his lad not playing in his preferred position (there wern't enough of them to do it...), called his lad off the pitch, told him to put his coat on, then they got in his car and left, right in the middle of the game. What a twat.

His lad were shyte anyway, but he always had the latest, most expensive boots of anyone in the squad.

[QUOTE="FatherKnowsBest, post: 1815078, member: 141857"

His lad were shyte anyway, but he always had the latest, most expensive boots of anyone in the squad.[/QUOTE]

All the gear, no idea.

I think that's what fuels the parents anger and frustration as though buying them the best kit is their contribution to the child's development and success and that 'investment ' shows no return.

I think that's what fuels the parents anger and frustration as though buying them the best kit is their contribution to the child's development and success and that 'investment ' shows no return.

Parents trying to realise their lost dreams through their children...