What is going on? | Vital Football

What is going on?

EagerExile

Vital Squad Member
Since our impressive win at Portsmouth on March 10th, our record is:

Played 8, 3 points
Drawn 3, lost 5
Scored 2, conceded 12

2 goals in 8 games! We've completely fallen apart. I know the players are not very good, but even so. What the hell has happened? We'll be VERY lucky to stay up

What's going on? You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Well whatever it is, is doesn't translate to what goes on, on the pitch.
Once again, crosses either over hit or not reaching the first man, players not showing to receive a pass. The majority of the side ought to have been fined after that display against a side who also had less than us to play for.

What's going on? You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Well whatever it is, is doesn't translate to what goes on, on the pitch.
Once again, crosses either over hit or not reaching the first man, players not showing to receive a pass. The majority of the side ought to have been fined after that display against a side who also had less than us to play for.

Just put £30 on us to get relegated at 28 to 1, I'd be very happy to lose the bet as I did last year.

Well the away form is what has got us almost safe, so maybe we will win again at Bristol Rovers to see us over the line, as we will inevitably lose at home to Plymouth.

Annoyingly, I think the best we can hope for is two nil-nils. Lovell deserved the plaudits when things were going well so now he deserves the criticism. Tinkered too much with the forwards to the point that now none of them have any form, and the likes of Byrne and Hess play every week when would probably both benefited from being benched. Hopefully next week other results go our way, but I suspect it will go down to the final game.

Players are on zero confidence. They look to blame each other for every mistake. Lovell stands passive on the touch line offering no guidance or support.

To be honest its a shit show, season needs to end, as many as possible need to be released and we need to start again. Lovell is lucky he signed that contract recently, if not I suspect Scally might consider withdrawing it.

However the buck stops at the top unless scally invests in some quality players for next season expect much of the same (or worse).

We are no longer progressing as a club and I honestly believe the only way to change that is to change the ownership. The playing side needs investment and I don't think Scally can or will do that.

I am thinking next season will be worse that this and that is frankly scary.

Whatever has happened it has got to the players big time .Most were putting in a shift in every game for Steve. Suddenly it looks like almost nobody wants to play .For me it has to be something Lovell has had no control over .The fact we still have had nothing from Scally on Season tickets points to there being something he has not told us .

.The fact we still have had nothing from Scally on Season tickets points to there being something he has not told us .

Releasing ST is a real dilema on timing. Leaflets could have been handed out at the turnstile today and 5200 Gilsl fans would have got a flyer. However home games are such dire shit at the moment how many would just throw it away.

To sell ST you need to offer hope and belief that next season will be exciting and maybe even successful - nothing to suggest that.

If they are not given out V Plymouth then you might be onto something.

We should also remember that GFC are masters at not being able to organise things both on/off the pitch so it could just be we forget to order them from the printers !

Maybe the ST prices are based upon staying up but with recent form meaning we aren't yet mathematically safe he is delaying until we are. If we get the away point we need and are safe then expect the brochure to be handed out final match at home. If we aren't then I expect it to be mailed out on the Monday after safety is assured. But if we do go down then expect a further delay as brochures are printed up at league two rates.

Scally has often said the operating costs at league one and two are broadly the same I would expect ST prices to be the same whichever division we are

Why would anyone invest in a ST after this season’s abject (aka sh*t) performances at home? I love the ‘we must buy quality players for next season’ sentiments... odds on relegation next season ... assuming we stay up this season. Our beloved club is in terminal decline. SL the fairy dust has blown away mate... reality beckons.

All we can do is speculate so I will do just that. It's the time when agents start to manouevre and players begin to think of the immediate future and their career future. Bearing that in mind let us suppose :

Zak's agent has got wind that he won't be offered the same deal, or better.

Eaves's agent is sniffing for an improvement, reckons it's not on the table but has other offers.

Holy's agent has a buyer ready and waiting, probably several.

You can invent your own scenario but all it needs is enough rumour, inside knowledge to make clear that key players are going because we don't have enough to keep them. This in turn affects those on lesser salaries, they are not being courted and can expect little or nothing. It only needs for word to get around that players can be acquired cheaply and that we aren't competing, that we intend to go again with unknowns, untried and injury recoverers for the heart to go out of the operation.

I am not saying this is the situation but I'd hazard a guess that Eaves's agent has been advising a move for a while now.

If another club wants to throw some cash at us for Eaves then take it. He might have scored a few but there's been more than a few games where he's contributed absolutely zilch. He's a lower league battering ram that's had a brief purple patch for the first time in his career.

If another club wants to throw some cash at us for Eaves then take it. He might have scored a few but there's been more than a few games where he's contributed absolutely zilch. He's a lower league battering ram that's had a brief purple patch for the first time in his career.
Agree Herr although I like Eaves as given the crop of poor players we have he is still probably the best we have got at the moment. If he goes are we likely to replace him with anything better for next season? If there is yet another piss poor budget for new player recruitment then I doubt it.