What irks me most.... | Vital Football

What irks me most....

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
About all the crap that goes down with BFC and the Oystons etc is this;

Myself (and people like Sexy) have been tangerine through and through for nearly 50 years now and we should all be a close family, the family that is BFC.
The division that this has created between fans of BFC is what troubles me the most. After all these years and all we've been through together (and there certainly has been some rough rides) and we now can't seem to stand together as a fan base. The Oystons must be laughing their socks off at the division that has been created here and because of that, whatever happens, they've won the psychological battles. Just have a look at AVFTT- the division is horrendous from people who have stood side-by-side on the terraces for years.
Yes, I understand the emotion of this 'battle' but also people should have a right to go to football games if they want to. It doesn't make them a scab or a line-breaker; it's just their choice and we all supposedly live in a democratic society where people are allowed opinions and preferences.
Stop this in-fighting and stand together.....please!

For what seems like an eternity to me, I have verbally and vocally stayed out of the animus on this site about the issue of 'who holds the moral high ground' over the problems at BFC. Without prejudice, the two camps are represented by the NAPMers on one hand and ,as an example, Premier 1 on the other. But thanks to Bob's heartfelt post, I now have the impetus to jump in. Thanks to you Bob!

In the interest of transparency, if you don't already know, I would fall into the category of those that put money in the Oyston's coffers: I subscribe to IFollow and watch all BFC games, home and away, on my laptop; I attend games at Bloomfield Road when in the UK (I'll be at two games this coming August), and while at those games, I may have a pie and a pint. That's me. Again for clarity, I do not knowingly support those indirect organizations from which the Oystons receive benefit. Examples would be the broadcast networks in the UK that provide funding to football clubs in England in return for rights to broadcast matches. On the other hand, I do not knowingly punish organizations that provide goods and services to the Oystons such as banks, car dealerships, grocery stores etc. Again, for clarity, that's me.

We all agree. The Oystons have done terrible things to the club and the fans: stolen funds from the club; failed to invest in the club when it was needed most; didn't upgrade the Squire's Gate training facilities; took legal actions against several fans; and allowed the ground to fall into disrepair, to name a few.

So the question to me is, 'Who holds the moral compass'? It's safe to say, in reading comments on this site, that some in the NAPM camp would claim that position. It can be definitely argued that the NAPM position has brought pain to the Oystons. Tactically, the actions have been well implemented.

But here's who holds the moral high ground, in my opinion. If, on May 22, 1996, in all conscience you decided that you could no longer support the Oystons and BFC, you own the moral compass. The rest of us, and I'm pretty sure that is everyone who visits this site, do not, regardless if you are a NAPMer or not.

Why do I say that? Just in case you need reminding, May 22, 1996 is the date that Owen Oyston was sentenced for six years for rape and sexual assault.

Now you may disagree but can you argue against the following?
  • Stealing from BFC does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Legal action against fans does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Letting the stadium deteriorate does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Failing to invest in players does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Letting Squire's Gate atrophy does not trump rape and sexual assault
And those of us that did not stop supporting BFC on May 22, 1996 did, in general, keep going to games at Bloomfield Road, went to all those finals at Wembley, and proudly bought the shirts and scarves. That's us - all of us. Certainly, the NAPMers stopped attending in the past years, but I don't think it was because of the rape conviction. They left for something else.

Thanks again to Bob for his post. and he's absolutely right! 'Stop this in-fighting and stand together.....please!'

There's name calling and then there's a line beyond that which takes it to a different level.
Moral high ground - some people have some strange ideas of what that is if you could be bothered to read some of the shite dolled out on here towards posters over the years.
People pick and choose their targets. Amazingly no-one ever says anything to Salfud who makes me look like Mr Rizla.

The O's have lost a generation of fans that's for certain.

The first crowd back post O's will be 7-8k tops then back down to the 5500 that the 3rd division (old money) always attracted. That's optomistic that some of the more vocal actually bother to come back.

what irks me most... well its learning how to pronounce our latest signings name only for him to disappear a couple of seasons later. weve had a few and im sure a few more to come

50 years for me Sexy as I was 5 when I met you and saw the light! Before then it was a blue and white diet of Everton from my dad...

For what seems like an eternity to me, I have verbally and vocally stayed out of the animus on this site about the issue of 'who holds the moral high ground' over the problems at BFC. Without prejudice, the two camps are represented by the NAPMers on one hand and ,as an example, Premier 1 on the other. But thanks to Bob's heartfelt post, I now have the impetus to jump in. Thanks to you Bob!

In the interest of transparency, if you don't already know, I would fall into the category of those that put money in the Oyston's coffers: I subscribe to IFollow and watch all BFC games, home and away, on my laptop; I attend games at Bloomfield Road when in the UK (I'll be at two games this coming August), and while at those games, I may have a pie and a pint. That's me. Again for clarity, I do not knowingly support those indirect organizations from which the Oystons receive benefit. Examples would be the broadcast networks in the UK that provide funding to football clubs in England in return for rights to broadcast matches. On the other hand, I do not knowingly punish organizations that provide goods and services to the Oystons such as banks, car dealerships, grocery stores etc. Again, for clarity, that's me.

We all agree. The Oystons have done terrible things to the club and the fans: stolen funds from the club; failed to invest in the club when it was needed most; didn't upgrade the Squire's Gate training facilities; took legal actions against several fans; and allowed the ground to fall into disrepair, to name a few.

So the question to me is, 'Who holds the moral compass'? It's safe to say, in reading comments on this site, that some in the NAPM camp would claim that position. It can be definitely argued that the NAPM position has brought pain to the Oystons. Tactically, the actions have been well implemented.

But here's who holds the moral high ground, in my opinion. If, on May 22, 1996, in all conscience you decided that you could no longer support the Oystons and BFC, you own the moral compass. The rest of us, and I'm pretty sure that is everyone who visits this site, do not, regardless if you are a NAPMer or not.

Why do I say that? Just in case you need reminding, May 22, 1996 is the date that Owen Oyston was sentenced for six years for rape and sexual assault.

Now you may disagree but can you argue against the following?
  • Stealing from BFC does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Legal action against fans does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Letting the stadium deteriorate does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Failing to invest in players does not trump rape and sexual assault
  • Letting Squire's Gate atrophy does not trump rape and sexual assault
And those of us that did not stop supporting BFC on May 22, 1996 did, in general, keep going to games at Bloomfield Road, went to all those finals at Wembley, and proudly bought the shirts and scarves. That's us - all of us. Certainly, the NAPMers stopped attending in the past years, but I don't think it was because of the rape conviction. They left for something else.

Thanks again to Bob for his post. and he's absolutely right! 'Stop this in-fighting and stand together.....please!'

Not falling out with any one but, no matter how we dress it up, I think most of us have not been remotely happy at any time, with the way the Oyston's have run the club. Despite bringing Owens rape episode into it, or promotion to the Prem for that matter, the fact is, they have used their power to continually take the pi$$, chronic under investment, running it like a club in the sixties and generally showing little regard for its supporters. I like others, will not stand for it, enough is enough. Not so much a moral high ground, but just being true to and having respect for ones self. The club belongs to Owen Oyston, he owns it, he has no respect for me and I none for him. That is enough for me not to step foot inside Bloomers.

If this was a business we would have ripped up our loyalty cards years and years ago. It isn't and this club dear to our heart has been abused beyond our comprehension - we all agree on this I'm sure.

The NAPM is a moral stand as the financial implications are modest compared to the real damage done by VB (I am eternally grateful). It's hard really hard to turn your back on the club, many won't even go to away games when paying on the gate, this group are the divisive minority that IMHO cause the venom that infects our relationships as fans, I am referring to posts on AVFTT.

Bear has a good line on this which in short is your choice and therefore on your conscience. This I agree with, we all live by our choice. I will be interested to know how many of the very vocal went regularly beforehand. When push comes to shove our crowds have always been poor and apart from the celebrations when the O's go and big crowds for a week or two this will then fall away.

I respect all the posters on here on both sides. I do think Prem likes a wind up and is deliberately provocative which stimulates this board.

A new dawn we hope is coming and when it does I hope we can put this prolonged and ugly era behind us. For the record I haven't been to a home game but then again I live 300+ miles away but I have had plenty of opportunity.

Onwards and upwards the future is bright and tangerine and white!! #UTMP

I have no problem with people making a different decision from me on NAPM. What I do have a problem with is people who defend/support/justify the Oyston regime and continually snipe at our erstwhile benefactor from Latvia especially those who continually troll/provoke.

:cool::cool:
If this was a business we would have ripped up our loyalty cards years and years ago. It isn't and this club dear to our heart has been abused beyond our comprehension - we all agree on this I'm sure.

The NAPM is a moral stand as the financial implications are modest compared to the real damage done by VB (I am eternally grateful). It's hard really hard to turn your back on the club, many won't even go to away games when paying on the gate, this group are the divisive minority that IMHO cause the venom that infects our relationships as fans, I am referring to posts on AVFTT.

Bear has a good line on this which in short is your choice and therefore on your conscience. This I agree with, we all live by our choice. I will be interested to know how many of the very vocal went regularly beforehand. When push comes to shove our crowds have always been poor and apart from the celebrations when the O's go and big crowds for a week or two this will then fall away.

I respect all the posters on here on both sides. I do think Prem likes a wind up and is deliberately provocative which stimulates this board.

A new dawn we hope is coming and when it does I hope we can put this prolonged and ugly era behind us. For the record I haven't been to a home game but then again I live 300+ miles away but I have had plenty of opportunity.

:cool:

:cool:It's 58 years for me and I live 300 plus miles away as well but once a fan always a Tangerine M>

One club one love. As much as I enjoy watching England nothing moves me like a Pool goal.

I do smile at the vocal titters who post thet want everyone who goes chastised to the east. When you consider how BSTs numbers have dropped -probably less members than STHs last season the numbers coming back in all honesty won't be big, We as a club need every fan we can get to support the post O era.

And a plea from NAPMers to those who still go: please at least consider boycotting the pies and the pints, the shirts and other merchandise. Many away fans attending Bloomers have supported us by doing just that.

I can't help but think that, for the older supporters in particular, watching the Pool every other week at Bloomers has become an habit that would be impossible to break, Owen knows this too. I do respect the ones who have this habit though, it must be very difficult and frustrating for them. In or out, its tough for all of us. The people will be back if the odious ones go, even if it's 5-6 000 it will be better than the sparse 1-1500 we have at present. Once again, no disrespect to any one.