What Have you been Reading this Lockdown? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What Have you been Reading this Lockdown?

Phil Collins, Not Dead Yet.

Judith Collins, Pulls no Punches. Memoir of a political survivor,

Eleanor Catton, The Luminaries. (832 pages) Mainly because the TV series helped untangle the story line and I live in the town its set in.

couple of le carre novels the last 2 in the girl with the dragon tattoo series. now started the 17th century playboy by lucy worsley

Last edited:
My lock down reading !!
Touching The Void , Joe Simpson
The Godfather Of Poker , Doyle Brunson
For Richer For Poorer Confessions of a poker player , Victoria Coren
Face It : , Debbie Harry
Now reading Shut Up and Deal , Jesse May

I had to photograph the remains of Marshalsea Prison for a project I was involved in, and came across a stained-glass window featuring Little Dorrit in the church next door. The book is set there.

I started to read it, but sad to say it’s far from Dickens’ best - or maybe it’s me. I don’t like giving up on books, but this one’s got me beat. Even the Wiki précis makes hard going.

I’m enjoying ‘The Eighth - Mahler and the World in 1910’ at the moment. Much more my sort of thing.

Have not read a book since i finished my degree 12 years ago which involved a lot of Philosophy and Law books. I think that took it out of me.

I just can't read without falling asleep. It was quite an issue during my degree, with a number of afternoon naps had! Proper Student!

Just never got in to Fiction, and i read mostly Non-fiction items online these days and watch TV shows rather than books (Philistine, i know).

Did pull out my HOTSM last night to show some friends though.