What Happened To The Middle Class? | Vital Football

What Happened To The Middle Class?

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Ford are celebrating 20 years of the Mondeo and have released a video on YouTube which is voiced by the bastion of the British middle class, Ray Winstone. He even throws in a joke about how he knows nothing about who did the biggest bank robbery in Britain.

The Mondeo is about as middle class as it gets. It's a family car for people who wear v-neck jumpers and care about property prices and they have eeezah-geeezah Ray Winstone fronting it.

My wife likes to listen to Adele. She's a decent singer even if I don't enjoy her songs that much. She sings well and enunciates her words well when singing but when she talks to the crowd she starts giving it large like she's Danny Dyer on a night out in the Albert Square.

Perhaps I'm getting the wrong end of the stick from a very small sample but it seems that being middle class is very uncool at the moment, to the point where people like Adele put on fake working class accents because it boosts her album sales?

Listen to Ray Winstone fail to make the Mondeo seem like a working class hero here:

[youtube=8LMdCXVLS50#t=356]

I get called "posh" because I don't fill my sentences with profanities.
Why is "posh" a bad thing? Do we all have to re enact the old python sketch about being more working class than the others?

Trekker I'd never class you as posh. Stuck in Victorian England maybe but never posh!

Four kinds of classes - Upper Class, Middle class, Working class and those who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show class!

SKEGGY - 25/9/2013 18:04

Trekker I'd never class you as posh. Stuck in Victorian England maybe but never posh!

Thank you. That's the nicest thing you have ever said to me.

I was once turned down for a promotion when working for Royal Liver. I was told I'd be too "smooth" for their working-class clientele. As someone from what the BBC described as "the mean back streets of the Republican ghetto of West Belfast" I did find that just a bit ironic.

BBJ - 26/9/2013 05:59

I was once turned down for a promotion when working for Royal Liver. I was told I'd be too "smooth" for their working-class clientele. As someone from what the BBC described as "the mean back streets of the Republican ghetto of West Belfast" I did find that just a bit ironic.

Maybe that was a polite way of saying you sounds like a terrorist. Lol