What do you hear? | Vital Football

What do you hear?

On the grounds that it might be incriminating in some way, I would like to know which one is the better answer.
:hehe:

Neither.

I just listened to it with three workmates, they're all hearing one thing and I'm hearing another.

I think it’s probably an age thing, which is why it’s incriminating.
:grinning:
Are you a youngster, CP?

I'm hearing Yanny too. It's something to do with pitch. I can't get my head around it.

An audio version of that dress.

I think it’s probably an age thing, which is why it’s incriminating.
:grinning:
Are you a youngster, CP?

I thought that too at first but apparently not. I'm 39, the three workmates I listened to it with are 32, 34 and 41.

Here is the explanation:
“The secret, it turns out, is frequency. The part of the sound that makes some people hear Yanny is higher frequency than that which makes some people hear Laurel.
As Lars Riecke, assistant professor of audition and cognitive neuroscience at Maastricht University, explained to The Verge: "If you remove all the low frequencies, you hear yanny. If you remove the high frequencies, you hear laurel.
"If your... ears emphasise both the higher and lower frequencies, you can toggle between the two sounds."

Fascinating, I actually don't hear either, I hear something that sounds more like Yilly, apparently that's because I have some hearing loss. When a workmate told that's the reason I hear Yilly I naturally replied with 'pardon?'.

Fascinating, I actually don't hear either, I hear something that sounds more like Yilly, apparently that's because I have some hearing loss. When a workmate told that's the reason I hear Yilly I naturally replied with 'pardon?'.
I must say, it “sounds” like you swing both ways. :lol:

Quite a few of us on Vital Villa gave it a first listen and then heard the complete opposite when we went back to it a few hours later.

Love things like this, but I am slightly strange as anyone who knows me will attest to.

Maybe there's something wrong with us then (steady boys! :grinning: I'm more than willing to say well done on the title and won in some style)

First time I was adamant it was Yanni, second time Laurel and checking again today I'm back to Yanni. A few heard neither of the supposed options as well.

This one took me by surprise as comparing it to that dress one ages ages ago, to this day I only blue, I've never seen the alternate version.

I'll go back to lurking soon, didn't want to invade but this has fascinated and entertained me.

Played it again and I'm still hearing Yanny

How's Jack Grealish coping at Villa Mike?

He was a great loan for both clubs,he got a regular run out with Notts which I doubt that he would have got with AV and apart from him being a fabulous player was a nice person to boot,wish we had him still last night,I always enjoyed watching him play