What do you drink on a match day? | Vital Football

What do you drink on a match day?

I drink whatever I can really. Usually I am stuck with premium lagers as most ales and 'brewed in the UK' lagers are fined with isinglass

All depends on time for me. A beer at SB, the Golden Eagle or the Imp and Angel if possible. Usually a stout, or IPA, though I do find sours very hard to resist too. Always driving though so just the one.

Conversely, if I'm following at home I don't drink anything boozy.

I drink whatever I can really. Usually I am stuck with premium lagers as most ales and 'brewed in the UK' lagers are fined with isinglass
That must be a pain. Hopefully more brewers will use alternative methods in future - or just let it be cloudy!

That must be a pain. Hopefully more brewers will use alternative methods in future - or just let it be cloudy!
CAMRA are pushing for more beers to be unfined. It is logical really as fining is relatively recent, takes away taste and was the first step in the industrialisation of brewing that finished up with Red Barrel and the formation of CAMRA.

If it's cider, Aspall's
If it's lager, Coors, Corona, San Miguel.
The odd Guiness or gin maybe.

Restricted to one or two pints due to the 75 mile drive home.....but not this season. Bwahahahaha!

Depends on whether watching Imps at home or away, or whether at a local match eg Stafford. But always a real ale - occasionally an alternative if not available, but may also not bother

Used to just have bottled water on the way up, a sandwich on my knee, a coffee where I dropped the dog off and perhaps a bottled lager or more likely another coffee at the ground. Now am based in Lincoln so the 5.5 hour, 326 mile round trip to home games is a thing of the past.

Will probably have a pint at The Victoria or Morning Star before the game and walk. A whole new ritual, and so comparatively simple and less costly.

Used to just have bottled water on the way up, a sandwich on my knee, a coffee where I dropped the dog off and perhaps a bottled lager or more likely another coffee at the ground. Now am based in Lincoln so the 5.5 hour, 326 mile round trip to home games is a thing of the past.

Will probably have a pint at The Victoria or Morning Star before the game and walk. A whole new ritual, and so comparatively simple and less costly.
Eliminating that journey must be a great bonus. I almost got a job in Lincoln earlier this year and was very excited about the prospect of moving back and not having to travel for home games anymore!

I've gone the other way. From Lincoln to Sunderland, so a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for me now. Because of covid, I haven't actually done it yet!

You get used to it, permanently on watch for mobile speed cameras, cruise control through roadworks, get your music on or listen to sport, possibly Radio Lincolnshire when in range, pray there’s somewhere to park if running late. The journey home seems so much quicker when we win.

You get used to it, permanently on watch for mobile speed cameras, cruise control through roadworks, get your music on or listen to sport, possibly Radio Lincolnshire when in range, pray there’s somewhere to park if running late. The journey home seems so much quicker when we win.

I've driven it for nearly 5 years as I work up here so did it as a once-weekly commute from Lincoln before moving. Parking not a problem - my mum lives on Hamilton Road and has a drive I can park on.

It will mean not making every home game, though.

While its still open I go in the golden Cross, John smith's for me.
Will have to find somewhere new after Xmas as it will be closing unless a buyer is found.
Be a shame to see the closest pub to ground close, be great if someone could keep it going.

If it's cider, Aspall's
If it's lager, Coors, Corona, San Miguel.
The odd Guiness or gin maybe.

Restricted to one or two pints due to the 75 mile drive home.....but not this season. Bwahahahaha!

‘Me, lager. Finchy, Lager. Gareth, lager sometimes cider, so different drinks for different... needs.‘

Parking not a problem - my mum lives on Hamilton Road and has a drive I can park on.
It will mean not making every home game, though.

How very middle class 😀

I worked on trying to get to 15 home games a season, midweek games were impossible.