What do you do | Page 8 | Vital Football

What do you do

steff_the_villan - 14/5/2013 15:25

Gator, you unconditionally love your child and support them through their decisions, you have to allow them to make their own mistakes, all you can do is be there to pick up the pieces when things go wrong, and be the support and the shoulder to cry on.

Any interference or attempt to enforce your opinions will usually end badly.

I've raised seven, non have shown any desire for the same sex, yet! But there have been bad choices made by my sons as well as my daughters, and I assure you that I have found it very difficult not to deal with these people as I usually would (I'm sure you understand where I am coming from) but we have to step back, take a deep breath and let them do their own thing.

Allowing your baby to be who she is, is the best you can do, if you can put up with the sharing of emotion under your roof, and I'm betting you can, she will appreciate that and love you all the more for it.

Good luck mate.
Wise words from a good man I am putting up with it but I sort of never try to engage in any eye contact or conversation with her girlfriend but then again she can be quite ignorant

Her ignorance may just be a defence mechanism chap, she obviously feels your discomfort, knows her situation and is avoiding confrontation.

I know this is not what you want to hear and I understand what a personal mountain this could be for you, but I can only suggest that you treat this woman like another daughter, engage in eye contact, engage in conversation, accept what and who your daughter wants, when her walls come down you will see a different person, this effort will be noticed and appreciated by them both.

Break the mould mate, you're a big enough man, in their position, with their decision, they are expecting a battle, so instead be the support, be the positive in their lives, you won't regret it.