What do you do | Page 2 | Vital Football

What do you do

Green Tea - 12/5/2013 01:14

Anyway if it was me in gator's position.

I would definitely NOT kick her girlfriend out now that she has already moved in.
Not sure how to get round the feeling of being uncomfortable when they cuddle etc but I can understand how you feel. One thing you have to accept, is that it is your daughter's life and she makes her own choices. In a good way, if she is cuddling her girlfriend in front of you then you must a great father. Me being honest, if it was my kids they would be scared to express that behaviour in front of me. So I would be driving my kids to do things in secret, which is not a great thing to be proud of.

Just open a beer and go with the flow, it could be a lot worse!
A beer a large Vodka more like I normally pick the paper up and pretend i'm reading but you make a lot of sense there mate

Pride of Lions - 12/5/2013 02:32

Gator, if you did kick your daughters' girlfriend out, you run the risk losing your daughter. She could easily move out and set up "home" together somewhere else and possibly rebel against you.

Think carefully before you do or say anything my friend.
Oh yeah she's already said that

Villan57 - 12/5/2013 07:35

Gator , like with any relationship the more you don't want them to be together the more it will drive them together .

It could be worse mate she could be shacked up with a bloke who knocks her about etc .
Try and be happy for her , or you'll lose her
Oh yeah could be a lot worse and accademically she's doing fantastic starting university this year and apparently i'm not just a miserable old git anymore i'm also a homophobe you learn something every day.

First thing you do is don't start threads on vital with fuck in the title.

Secondly, you do nothing. You love your daughter, full stop.

ClivetheVillan - 12/5/2013 00:21

Mike is right aswell as Trek Prep, Life is a funny thing, and although im only 33 (feel 53) the things that seem to annoy me or find hard to take are the things i have no control over if you get me?

Basically what im trying to say is i feel your frustrations on this matter, i would be thinking similar to yourself probably but somethings in life things are out of our hands no matter if that is our kids actions or choices or even health issues or death of a luv'd one,these issues we have no control over and take consideration and time to adjust to sometimes dude,

But i know you will do whats right for your kid, no matter how hard it is to accept, because i can tell you care and by that you will be alright as thats all that matters at the end of the day being there for your kid when they need you.

Sorry for the long post btw i was just speaking what i thought and felt as i wrote it ;)
I would'nt claim to be the greatest ever Dad because i'm not when i was working about 80% of the time i was away so was never there for them.But i always provided and paid my way I think the biggest issue i have with all this is that I say I love her and proud of her but i have'nt got the balls to mention it to my mates down the pub does that make me ashamed of her or am I just a pussy she's got more balls than me (well i hope not) but you what i mean.

I've got two daughters and I know how I'd feel if either of them end up Lesbanian.

However, I also know how I'd feel if either of them turned against me and contact became less frequent because of my attitude towards their relationship.

No brainer. It's tough but accept it and change nothing.

Possibly wrong time and place for this , but it is vaguely on topic.....It's always puzzled me why lesbanians use strap ons and dildos. Surely that means they still crave a bit of man loving?? Or is it just in the movies?

The Fear - 12/5/2013 09:57

First thing you do is don't start threads on vital with fuck in the title.

Secondly, you do nothing. You love your daughter, full stop.
Oh right sorry JF basically thats exactly what i have done nothing dose'nt make it any easier thugh.

BEEFY - 12/5/2013 10:18

I've got two daughters and I know how I'd feel if either of them end up Lesbanian.

However, I also know how I'd feel if either of them turned against me and contact became less frequent because of my attitude towards their relationship.

Possibly wrong time and place for this , but it is vaguely on topic.....It's always puzzled me why lesbanians use strap ons and dildos. Surely that means they still crave a bit of man loving?? Or is it just in the movies?
Beefy I have always wondered that too lol its also funny how watching two women is so exciting but when it's your own it seems so seedy.Congratulations on the second one I remember the first one.Child that is.

Disappointing re: grandchildren etc mate, although that isn't totally out of the question these days and remember, some 'straight' couples decide not to have kids.

All you want is your daughter to be happy I'm sure.

If she is. Job done.

The Fear - 12/5/2013 10:35

Disappointing re: grandchildren etc mate, although that isn't totally out of the question these days and remember, some 'straight' couples decide not to have kids.

All you want is your daughter to be happy I'm sure.

If she is. Job done.
Funny you should say that i walked in on a conversaition she was having mentioning or on those kind of lines of kids but I did,nt say nothing just ducked my head again.Personally I would prefer she did,nt adopt or go down other avenues as I don't agree with it but thats my old fashioned values again so that may be another bridge i will have to cross I should have just stuck to the five fingered widow.

BEEFY - 12/5/2013 19:18

I know a gay guy who doesn't like anal sex (either way). I'm not sure what that has to do with lesbians and strap-ons but I guess it's not a formula. Probably some do and some don't.

Gator, if she's at uni she could just be going through a phase or trying to piss daddy off. Going against it would only push her further into it. You've got to be the dad with unconditional love and let her see it though.

BodyButter - 12/5/2013 10:55

I know a gay guy who doesn't like anal sex (either way). I'm not sure what that has to do with lesbians and strap-ons but I guess it's not a formula. Probably some do and some don't.

Surely that means he isn't gay or straight - he is just a bloke with no sexual desire or attraction to anyone??

Having had a probe up my arse a few months ago, I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to be the receiver, I had to warn the nurse that I was going to shat on her, but she assured me I wouldn't. Which I didn't, thankfully.

What about the fella from the Krankies? Is he gay or a paedophile or straight with a very odd fettish? He dresses his wife as a school boy. Odd.

gator - 12/5/2013 10:05

ClivetheVillan - 12/5/2013 00:21

Mike is right aswell as Trek Prep, Life is a funny thing, and although im only 33 (feel 53) the things that seem to annoy me or find hard to take are the things i have no control over if you get me?

Basically what im trying to say is i feel your frustrations on this matter, i would be thinking similar to yourself probably but somethings in life things are out of our hands no matter if that is our kids actions or choices or even health issues or death of a luv'd one,these issues we have no control over and take consideration and time to adjust to sometimes dude,

But i know you will do whats right for your kid, no matter how hard it is to accept, because i can tell you care and by that you will be alright as thats all that matters at the end of the day being there for your kid when they need you.

Sorry for the long post btw i was just speaking what i thought and felt as i wrote it ;)
I would'nt claim to be the greatest ever Dad because i'm not when i was working about 80% of the time i was away so was never there for them.But i always provided and paid my way I think the biggest issue i have with all this is that I say I love her and proud of her but i have'nt got the balls to mention it to my mates down the pub does that make me ashamed of her or am I just a pussy she's got more balls than me (well i hope not) but you what i mean.

No your not claiming to be the greatest dad dude, but by questioning whats right to do as how you feel about your daughter and partner you didn't just say ''piss off out of my house'' as my Grandad would have done lol

You are bothered to think about whats the right thing to do dude, that in itself shows you are a good en in my book,

Oh and fuck what your mates think, its got fack all to do with anybody in this life only you and your daughter's feelings, life's too short to bother worrying about what other folk say or think stay strong do whats right as you are doing being there for her dude :35:

BEEFY - 12/5/2013 21:23

BodyButter - 12/5/2013 10:55

Surely that means he isn't gay or straight - he is just a bloke with no sexual desire or attraction to anyone??

Having had a probe up my arse a few months ago, I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to be the receiver, I had to warn the nurse that I was going to shat on her, but she assured me I wouldn't. Which I didn't, thankfully.

What about the fella from the Krankies? Is he gay or a paedophile or straight with a very odd fettish? He dresses his wife as a school boy. Odd.

He's married to another dude so I assume he's gay and gets his rocks off in another way.

I think it would be easier to deal with if they weren't living in your home, as it is under your nose everyday. They don't have to live with you. Ultimately they should be encouraged to get their own place.

She is your Daughter. You love her. I can understand you need to come to terms with this too. It's not just about other people saying 'deal with it, or lose me' as that is blackmail. The art of communication is a difficult 1. If you try to shove your feelings away then they are going to explode in an unhealthy way.

So to me it is finding a way to deal with your thoughts and emotions in a way that helps you. The best thing I find is to get the pen and paper out and get it all down on paper then burn it destroy it so it can't be seen.

I think you need to decide whether you are just agreeing to her living with you and her partner because of the situation and feel that is turning your back on her if you said you wanted her to find her own place.

You need to look at everything face on maybe with someone who is totally detached from the situation.

Being told you love your Daughter is 1 thing. Of course you do. Being entirely comfortable with a situation and working through your own feelings and thoughts is another and is a process.

For the sake of you and your Daughter relationship I would get some outside impute

Self-care does NOT mean selfish

Trekker - 11/5/2013 23:30

Difficult mate. I have to agree with Mike, getting rid of her girlfriend wouldn't do any good.
I also sympathise with your feelings as we are all supposed to be PC. now.

How did you cope when Dave came out?