What did you have for dinner tonight ? | Vital Football

What did you have for dinner tonight ?

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
I ask this because it could be amusing and give an indicator of how we live.

I worked 07.00 to 20.30 today and am so exhausted I don't feel like eating. I asked a fork lift driver what he had and he said....a yoghurt and I laughed....and a few biscuits he added. Then he said .....I didn't even want it to be honest, just something to do on my break !!

So tonight I will have cheese on toast with marmite ....in bed.

What do you think I had NRD?

A) T-bone with all the trimmings
B) A bowl of cornflakes
C) Chinese take away
D) Lentil Soup and low GI bread

Sort of a chop suey .... get a bag of beansprouts, some inch size pieces of chicken breast and different colour sweet peppers (I keep these in the freezer in a bag and call on them as required, I buy fresh ones and prep them beforehand, one pack does around 5 meals) and button mushrooms. Fry the chicken in a little sunflower oil until it’s almost brown, add the peppers, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and halved button mushrooms, when the mushrooms and peppers are partly cooked add half of the beansprouts and a little water and cover for around 4 mins. DELICIOSO! You can be more Chinese about it and add a little Chinese wine, a shot of lemon juice etc but I keep the ingredients simple.

It’s that or my own spaghetti bolognese, pizza, preferably home made (we have an AGA, so it’s easy), an ASDA’s chicken biryani (really nice and good value), Aldi’s curry’s (excellent quality and flavour, their meal for two with naans are around £3:30 and are Jalfrezi and Tika Massala) or good old fish and chips, Yum! I like variety, ‘er indoors likes British food, “I don’t like this foreign muck”, she says, her loss! But when she cooks a roast dinner, I’ll have that. The rest of the time we each cook what WE like. I’ll cook her fresh salmon occasionally with baby new potatoes and asparagus tips as a treat for her, she likes that (brownie points!). But that how we live, the kids are all married and off our hands (yeaaahhhh!).

Aldi’s frozen pizzas are good by the way, their sweet chilli chicken pizzas and spinach and ricotta and others in that range are really good value, around £1:40. Their frozen french fries are also good value. It doesn’t have to be expensive.

So you maybe think I am a 'new (or is that old) age veggie eh NRD!

My brain has definitely veggied out but I lurv meat!...so no prizes...it was A

So you can form a perception from what people have for dinner. Those thoughts could be and probably are totally wrong.

Greavsie is obviously spoilt. Fecking steak and the works on a Monday night ?

Tel loves cooking and is enthusiastic about his food but possibly has too much time on his hands when he's not exploring Africa. !!

The average Monday for me is normally some brown rice, brown pasta with some protein and vegetables. With a home made sauce.

Last night and all day though I was on holiday so I went to a restaurant and had a foot long chilli cheese dog, chips, extra side of chips with cheese and a nacho starter. Washed down with 2 pints of hop house.

If only every Monday was like that ey? :8:

It was filet of seabass with a hint of chilli and ginger, minted pea mash, some fish sauce which was amazing (made by my wife) and some garlic beans.

Was yum.

Spursex - 28/11/2017 15:52

It was filet of seabass with a hint of chilli and ginger, minted pea mash, some fish sauce which was amazing (made by my wife) and some garlic beans.

Was yum.

Your wife made the fish sauce or the whole shebang ? What kind of beans ?

I've just asked the missus....whats for dinner. Gutted , fecking econotea . Beans on toast and eggs on toast. I mean I am just ashamed. I have been buying too many antiques lately and money is tight. I said to her, how can I tell the Spurs lads that ?

She said they are all telling lies, they are having fish fingers.

Nick Real Deal - 28/11/2017 16:17

Spursex - 28/11/2017 15:52

Was yum.

Your wife made the fish sauce or the whole shebang ? What kind of beans ?

She made the whole shebang, runner beans roasted with garlic salt - simply yummy.

Nick Real Deal - 28/11/2017 16:29

I've just asked the missus....whats for dinner. Gutted , fecking econotea . Beans on toast and eggs on toast. I mean I am just ashamed. I have been buying too many antiques lately and money is tight. I said to her, how can I tell the Spurs lads that ?

She said they are all telling lies, they are having fish fingers.

I have bubble and squeak, poached egg and baked beans tonight - but I love it as a dinner. takes about 5 - 10 mins to cook, pinch of chilli in the bubble.

Beans on toast and poached eggs on toast, are a favorite too, so be grateful your Mrs is looking after you.

:-)

I have marmite under and grated cheese on top of the beans but I'm still ashamed.

The sea bass dinner sounds lovely, my compliments to the chef.

Nick Real Deal - 28/11/2017 17:16

I have marmite under and grated cheese on top of the beans but I'm still ashamed.

The sea bass dinner sounds lovely, my compliments to the chef.

Hot air will be forthcoming from both ends tonight then! :17: