What date will a full fixture list and crowd attendance at football start in the UK? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What date will a full fixture list and crowd attendance at football start in the UK?

Really feel for any fans who have borrowed money at high interest rates to buy their season tickets.There is no way that league one and two will remain anywhere near the same.

"...full fixture list and crowd attendance...."

When did that last happen?
Well a normal fixture list.I have no doubt that when football is back TV will mess with the fixtures.They will be moved to Friday,Sunday and Monday as well as Saturday morning and evening of course.But we are really talking real football league one stuff that still takes place largely on a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday night.

If we have a decent hot spell early enough in the summer then the idea that the virus struggles to spread in the heat can be truly tested. If we have a cool summer it might stay around into 2021.
On balance, I estimate September 31st.

As Wayne mentioned, it’s spreading here in Oz. Not sure if maybe slower. But we are still having 30+ deg temps. 36 in Sydney today. So I wouldn’t bank on the heat killing if off.

Indeed but if he spends next season's income then he's heading up shit creek

We aren’t the only club that did early bird and 2 season passes. Think quite a few did it. I know Lincoln fans were boastkng that they had already pre-sold 4K for next season.

It could just be that by doing the early s/t’s PS might have brought us a little extra stay of execution.

I just hope some games can be played so that people don’t want/expect refunds. That will be the end of us imho.

Here in Oz they are continuing to play Rugby League and AFL behind closed doors. Don’t know for how long tho.

And being even more flexible, AFL have cut their match time down from approx 120 mins to 100mins And they will be trying to fit more games in sooner (2 per week rather than 1).

From afar listening to various "leaders" advice some are talking six months at least before any form of normal.
I'd think it'll take a substantial period of time to work out a viable situation regarding clubs who are still "active" and have retained some staff.
We could be looking at a Div 1 North/South and perhaps only one Conference league also split.
Got be real, lower league and non league clubs are going to go bust. Hopefully we're not one.
Another thought, will we get the Sky Sports Football Year book 2019/20...

Once the players start modeling Gills blue replica face masks (they look like the real thing but don't work), we'll know the worst is over.

Assuming a “cure” or anti-vac is forthcoming, how long would it take then for us to get back to normal?

I mean, we don’t stop everything for flu because we can tackle the worst of that by vaccination. I know this virus is a lot worse stats wise, but surely a vacc would mean we can return to some normality?

Asking because at University of Qld and Royal Brisbane Hospital, they are apparently on the cusp of a cure that is being trialled in humans from next week. This info doesn’t seem to be spreading as quickly as the doom stories.

Assuming a “cure” or anti-vac is forthcoming, how long would it take then for us to get back to normal?

I mean, we don’t stop everything for flu because we can tackle the worst of that by vaccination. I know this virus is a lot worse stats wise, but surely a vacc would mean we can return to some normality?

Asking because at University of Qld and Royal Brisbane Hospital, they are apparently on the cusp of a cure that is being trialled in humans from next week. This info doesn’t seem to be spreading as quickly as the doom stories.
Wife works for London School Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. They think it would take up to 2 years to properly develop a vaccine. Of course corners can always be cut.

Wife works for London School Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. They think it would take up to 2 years to properly develop a vaccine. Of course corners can always be cut.

Need to tell UQ then. They have said they’ve had success in the lab using 2 different currently available medicines. One is used against malaria, one against HIV. So they are already available I imagine.

They go to human trial next week, and they say the trial is to check which of the 2 is most successful or if a mix of the 2 is best.

We could be looking at a Div 1 North/South and perhaps only one Conference league also split.
Got be real, lower league and non league clubs are going to go bust. Hopefully we're not one.
Another thought, will we get the Sky Sports Football Year book 2019/20...
I've long supported a return to North & South for tiers 3 and lower.
With attendances around 5,000, the difference between hosting a Wimbledon or a Rochdale are considerable.
How is Dover vs Barrow even a thing ?

Promotion & Relegation needn't be as hard as for the previous North/South.
Play-offs have been introduced .... and the Conference(!) has extended the play-offs to 6 teams.

The doom of Private Fraser is still in the ascendency.
Nothing that the Govt does can ever be right.

No health service could cope with a sudden surge - hence measures to slow the spread - until more ventilators arrive - temporary isolation 'wards' (hotels) - more and quicker test kits - then a vaccine.

On the latter, my impression is that we may see a 'partial' vaccine within a couple of months, i.e. something that treats some people or has mild side- effects.
Is there anyone here that can confirm ( the concept not an actual vaccine) ?

Need to tell UQ then. They have said they’ve had success in the lab using 2 different currently available medicines. One is used against malaria, one against HIV. So they are already available I imagine.

They go to human trial next week, and they say the trial is to check which of the 2 is most successful or if a mix of the 2 is best.

There will be a difference in the process between a drug to 'cure' and a vaccine to prevent.

Obviously if they are pre existing drugs they should have been subject to a level of safety trials, it maybe that they need more given the scale and spread of Covid. appropriate doses will also need to be calculated through trials if they prove effective at all. then manufacture will be the next time limiting factor. there may be groups that cant tolerate the drug so dependent on this cohort it may not slow the spread in all demographics.

A vaccine will obviously need to have been started from scratch with a similar process for ensuring effectiveness and safety.

We wont know anything until the research has been conducted, which is why i think these things are not published more widely. Too much false hope.

It would be foolish at this stage to release any drug or vaccine on the market without being sure that it in itself does not have a worse effect that the disease its trying to treat. Especially in this circumstance when so many would be using it.

Under 'normal circumstances, very few drugs and therapies that show early promise in labs/sinulations/animals make it to manufacture and usage.

Last edited:
So what will happen about promotion to and relegation from their league? Will the present occupants of those positions be happy with their decision?

If the Govt is to be believed, the pandemic as it affects the UK will peak sometime in May; so, it wouldn't be until August for the disease to dissipate. After that I doubt if things will get back to normal overnight. The infrastructure, business and individuals will be shot and, quite possibly, a number of football clubs too. I wouldn't be holding you breath on this one.

As a side note - any idea what they were gonna do with the playoffs in the NL as it was only one up?
IIRC,
After the top Automatic, NL Playoffs covered positions 2 to 7 - with no Home and Away, just Home by virtue of position.

4 at home to 7. Winner away to either 3 or 2 (can't remember which !)
5 at home to 6. Winner away to either 2 or 3.

Then a Play off Final.

(unless someone knows better..)

If the Govt is to be believed, the pandemic as it affects the UK will peak sometime in May; so, it wouldn't be until August for the disease to dissipate. After that I doubt if things will get back to normal overnight. The infrastructure, business and individuals will be shot and, quite possibly, a number of football clubs too. I wouldn't be holding you breath on this one.

Where did you see May mentioned? Didn't the scientific adviser to the government say yesterday they expect us to reach the peak (if we all follow the current guidelines of self isolating/social distancing) will be in 2-3 weeks time. That's around Easter time, not May.