what Class Are You? | Vital Football

what Class Are You?

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
Find out here - http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Apparently I'm technical middle class. Whatever that is.

Yep same here (established middle class) - bit concerned about the average age though, it puts over 10 years on me!

I think I let myself down on the savings, ie: we hardly have any!! I'm targetting elite status within the next 5 years.

I'm an emergent service worker apparently:

This class group is financially insecure, scoring low for savings and house value, but high for social and cultural factors. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Are young
Enjoy a cultured social life
Rent their home - almost 90%

Totally don't believe that for one second!!!!

I`m with you Wurzel :"technical middle".
I think it `s a polite way of saying we`re okayish,but lack the cutting edge of these posh boys above ^^^

Established middle class here too: I didn't know I was established at it, though I knew I was middle class by my background.

The Fear - 3/4/2013 13:45

Established middle class!

Me too............could this explain our common hairstyle? (when I say common, of course I mean that we both have it, not common and pleb-like)

Well i think i can safely say it's a load of bollocks -

I'm Established middle class

This is the most gregarious and the second wealthiest of all the class groups. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities - Correct
Went to university Nope
Are comfortably off, secure and established Nope, Nope and Nope

The property question is a load of crap. I might own and it might be valued at a certain amount, but it doesn't take into account that most of it is mortgaged.

tarzan - 3/4/2013 15:12

I know my place

:1: :1: :1: You are either of an elder generation on here or have parents of that generation and have watched TV repeats with them like I have to have come out with that comment.

Villan Of The North - 3/4/2013 19:20

tarzan - 3/4/2013 15:12

I know my place

:1: :1: :1: You are either of an elder generation on here or have parents of that generation and have watched TV repeats with them like I have to have come out with that comment.

:1: Yeah, I spotted that too.

The quite famous sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbert on "That Was The Week That Was" if I remember correctly....

Classic sketch.

Oh, BTW, I'm back of the class..............

:14:

I agree with Dean in that it's absolute bollocks. There is no way I'm one off being the top group in the country, tehre are millions better off than me.
I'd happily say I am bog standard joe normal, with a normal income, a partner with a normal income, and a standard sized house in a (okay quite nice) suburb.

I am quite simply working class, as was my dad, and his dad, and will be my kids. If you work for a living then your working class.

No nor me . Standard job , house , married , 2 kids, didn't go to University how that puts me one off the top I fail to see.

Perhaps putting that I have met someone who owns an internet football forum rocketed me up the social scale.

James06 - 3/4/2013 15:27

I agree with Dean in that it's absolute bollocks. There is no way I'm one off being the top group in the country, tehre are millions better off than me.
I'd happily say I am bog standard joe normal, with a normal income, a partner with a normal income, and a standard sized house in a (okay quite nice) suburb.

I am quite simply working class, as was my dad, and his dad, and will be my kids. If you work for a living then your working class.

But James, you're a Silhillian, that automatically makes you part of the 'Superior Elite' class.

I had presumed I'd be assessed as a parasite. After all I live mostly on state-provided benefits albeit I did "pay into" them for nearly 50 years.
But, no, it turns out I'm established middle class too!
My granny must be turning in her grave.