What are your BEST things in life? | Vital Football

What are your BEST things in life?

D

Departed

The list is endless......

Watching my kids become independent thinkers and start to become positive participants in their environment.

Sunday dinners with my family....lasts for hours.

Sharing successes with great friends.

Waking up at dawn before everyone else in the wilderness on a canoe trip and watching the mist on the lake while having a coffee made with my kick ass WhisperLite stove.

Travelling and exploring with my wife.

Homemade hamburgers on Friday nights with all my kids and their friends.

Camping gear.

Flying never gets old.

Ski trips with all five of us.

Skiing.

Making my wife cry with happiness.

Living in Canada.

Yes. Very. None of those things costs very much.

I thought I'd throw up a thread that didn't concern itself with the shit in our lives. Because we all have it, have had it, and will have it.

The top one? I have to say God and all He's done for me, my life would have been miserable otherwise.

But on a natural level, - personal likes? I love a beach in the sunshine, swimming etc with the family, with the grandkids these days. I love my garden, making stuff, furniture, DIY in the workshop/garage. I enjoy renovating stuff and bringing up the quality of things, that's really satisfying.

On a different level again, I said this on a thread recently I think, working with the lads at the church rehab unit and supported housing which we have. Seeing these lads lives change and become useful again and get their life back is something else. It's almost like the renovation thing, but in human terms. Very satisfying. These guys are really nice people, to see them come alive and leave their awful past behind is amazing. If I needed a friend, I would choose any one of these lads. So many of them have real talents too, which had just got lost.

Welshtel - 28/6/2017 23:26

The top one? I have to say God and all He's done for me, my life would have been miserable otherwise.

But on a natural level, - personal likes? I love a beach in the sunshine, swimming etc with the family, with the grandkids these days. I love my garden, making stuff, furniture, DIY in the workshop/garage. I enjoy renovating stuff and bringing up the quality of things, that's really satisfying.

On a different level again, I said this on a thread recently I think, working with the lads at the church rehab unit and supported housing which we have. Seeing these lads lives change and become useful again and get their life back is something else. It's almost like the renovation thing, but in human terms. Very satisfying. These guys are really nice people, to see them come alive and leave their awful past behind is amazing. If I needed a friend, I would choose any one of these lads. So many of them have real talents too, which had just got lost.

Without God you would have no life at all. Unless of course you believe in evolution !!

80deg16minW - 26/6/2017 18:29

Yes. Very. None of those things costs very much.

I thought I'd throw up a thread that didn't concern itself with the shit in our lives. Because we all have it, have had it, and will have it.

Yep, spot on.

Always enjoy it while you can... :10: :17:

Welshtel - 28/6/2017 23:26

There's always a great satisfaction in helping others who perhaps need that helping hand more than you do. Well done - keep up the great work.

Breathing
Seeing
Thinking
Speaking
Hearing
Feeling

...without which I would not enjoy all the things life offers....

Just give a thought to those who have problems with any one or more of the above and count oneself lucky if you don't have issues.

Thanks to evolution .for developing these skills

Breathing
Seeing
Thinking
Speaking
Hearing
Feeling

...without which I would not enjoy all the things life offers....

Just give a thought to those who have problems with any one or more of the above and count oneself lucky if you don't have issues.

Thanks to evolution .for developing these skills
That’s a good one Greavsie! There are so many attributes and faculties that we have, which make life so varied and appreciable. (I may not agree with the evolution of those but they are fantastic abilities, just the same).

So that’s 2 lots of cream ‘80’? Mmmmm. You know how to live!

I love cream on ice cream, the pouring kind not whipped. It freezes into a luxury ice cream when it hits the ice. I used to have chocolate ice cream with cream. But not for quite a while, such luxuries pass me by these days !!