What Are You Watching Online? | Page 10 | Vital Football

What Are You Watching Online?

Good to know . I'm certainly enjoying them

Probably my favourite police show was the 90s Homicide: Life on the Street, set in Baltimore. Based on a book by a journalist who shadowed the Baltimore PD for a year.

Hill St. Blues from the 80s gets an honourable mention.

Oh, and NYPD Blue, another 90s show.

Last edited:
Probably my favourite police show was the 90s Homicide: Life on the Street, set in Baltimore. Based on a book by a journalist who shadowed the Baltimore PD for a year.

Hill St. Blues from the 80s gets an honourable mention.

Oh, and NYPD Blue, another 90s show.

Hill Street Blues a deffo. Haven't watched it for a year, but was working my way through the DVDs from start to finish on a Wednesday evening when my wife went out - then lockdown came along

Deutschland 89 begins this week on More 4. I hope it's as good as '83 and '86. I've never been one for foreign language film, but they were superb.

We finished watching White House Farm on Netflix last night. An interesting portrayal of a real-life police investigation pretty well cocked up by the man in charge.

Currently watching 'Suits' and 'Fargo' on Netflix .... the latter is excellent.

I can also recommend 'How To Get Away with Murder' which had us enthralled.

Currently watching 'Suits' and 'Fargo' on Netflix .... the latter is excellent.

I can also recommend 'How To Get Away with Murder' which had us enthralled.

Watched the first series of Fargo and really enjoyed that.

Gave up on How to... mid-way in the second series where it all got too silly to suspend belief.

Season 1 Fargo was eerily shot throughout wasn't it .... this one is just as good.

Its a pity you didn't stick with 'HTGAWM' as it gets better in the latter seasons.

I started watching Upstart Crow but to be honest didn't get on with it. Perhaps I'm just an uncultured swine.

Upstart Crow is one gag idea stretched across three series.

For the first three episodes you can enjoy it, but extending it that far, with the same format and jokes every episode, showed that Ben Elton is just as formulaic and predictable as Brendan O'Carroll.

A good premise in the end turned out to be even more tortuous than being forced to read Shakespeare as a teenager.

Upstart Crow is one gag idea stretched across three series.

For the first three episodes you can enjoy it, but extending it that far, with the same format and jokes every episode, showed that Ben Elton is just as formulaic and predictable as Brendan O'Carroll.

A good premise in the end turned out to be even more tortuous than being forced to read Shakespeare as a teenager.
I'm glad it's not just me then. A former colleague of mine raved about it and insisted I watch it, which I did...then kept pretty quiet about doing so. Not for me I'm afraid. I can't be doing with the same jokes being repeated in every episode.

I never watched the tv show Fargo because I enjoyed the movie. Is it the same plot and if so is it still enjoyable if you know what happens?

I never watched the tv show Fargo because I enjoyed the movie. Is it the same plot and if so is it still enjoyable if you know what happens?

Different - though, arguably, similar plot. I enjoyed both on their own terms.

It seems funny people watching Fargo or White House Farm ( to name but two) when I watched them on old fashioned normal telly ages ago, but there’s something more cool about watching stuff from streaming services.
Bit like The Serpent which finished a couple of weeks ago which I thought was brilliantly made which I reckon if it had been on Netflix much more would have been made of it.

Watched a decent film last night. The Mauritanian, about a fella kept in Guantanamo Bay for over 10 years.