What Are You Watching Online? | Page 13 | Vital Football

What Are You Watching Online?

On the recommendation of a mate, I just watched "The lives of others". Not disappointed, very good film.

It was CHIS that really set me off! We were trying to come up with what it could be...with some very silly answers produced.

Talking of Line of Duty, does anyone remember this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103362/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Between the Lines. Very similar in conception and very good in its day. Neil Pearson in his 90s pomp.

I always wondered if Mercurio was tipping his hat to this series with the title of LoD.
Great series, think it's currently being repeated on BBC4 so may be on iPlayer. Could be a bit racy, remember seeing it described as 'Between the Sheets'. But a compelling, grown up series which got darker as it progressed.

Conitinuing the lineage, 'Edge of Darkness' did similar in the 1980s. Can still hear Eric Clapton's iconic theme in my head!

Just watched "The Trial of the Chicago 7". A must-see if you fancy a 60s counter-culture anti-Vietnam hit. And who doesn't?
Very good film Ali G in da house, is actually a decent actor. "Spy" is another one of his straight roles.

Very good film Ali G in da house, is actually a decent actor. "Spy" is another one of his straight roles.

Sacha Cohen-Baron was actually utterly convincing. A tour-de-force performance, frankly. You occasionally see an unexpected one like that: see, also, Bradley Cooper in "A Star is Born".

Frank Langella was superb as the judge, although no less than I expect from him.

Last edited: