What Are You Watching Online? | Page 11 | Vital Football

What Are You Watching Online?

We just finished "Bloodlands". Very silly sub "Line of Duty" stuff.

Yes we watched it too.
Probably shouldn't have bothered.
Well definitely shouldn't have.

Also wading through The Terror (or whatever the frozen equivalent of wading is).
Bit odd.

Watched the Finnish/Greek Room 301.
More than odd.

And piling through Line Of Duty from the start on iplayer. Midway through series 3 so far.
Now this is superb tv throughout.
Brilliant cast. Brilliant story lines. Brilliant production.
Got my favourite actor in it, Martin Compston and my favourite actress in it too (at least so far), Keeley Hawes.
(Who I only recently read used to share a flat with Emma Bunton, interesting trivia thrown in here for free 😁).

Oh and a not to be missed series is one on More4:
Deutschland89.

This is the third series of this brilliant German drama, Deutschland83 & Deutschland86 being the first two.

Wonderful period settings and fabulous humour throughout.

And for humourous drama, it will be very hard to beat channel four's (Catherine) The Great! Nicholas Hoult & Elle Fanning have to get every award going for it. Just superb.
Huzzah !!!

Oh and a not to be missed series is one on More4:
Deutschland89.

This is the third series of this brilliant German drama, Deutschland83 & Deutschland86 being the first two.

Wonderful period settings and fabulous humour throughout.

And for humourous drama, it will be very hard to beat channel four's (Catherine) The Great! Nicholas Hoult & Elle Fanning have to get every award going for it. Just superb.
Huzzah !!!
Binged Deutschland, as I don't have the patience to wait for each week. Having watched and enjoyed the previous 2 series I wasn't disappointed. It has to be good for me to watch something with subtitles!
Particularly liked the end pictures, certainly the reference to the American nutcase!

Just started watching The Americans on Amazon. 3 episodes in and good so far. It's about a couple of Russian spies undercover in the 80's.

Just started watching The Americans on Amazon. 3 episodes in and good so far. It's about a couple of Russian spies undercover in the 80's.

It's a great series. Watched it as it came out and it's consistently pleasing.

It's a great series. Watched it as it came out and it's consistently pleasing.

Glad to hear the quality continues. I'm a fan of the period and enjoy a good Le Carre novel so it seemed right up my street, in an American sort of way.

Glad to hear the quality continues. I'm a fan of the period and enjoy a good Le Carre novel so it seemed right up my street, in an American sort of way.

Spot on with the Le Carre comparison. And the 80s period feel is great.

If you fancy something completely different with the same producers, try "Justified". Walton Goggins at his absolute finest.

Spot on with the Le Carre comparison. And the 80s period feel is great.

If you fancy something completely different with the same producers, try "Justified". Walton Goggins at his absolute finest.

Thanks I will take a look. I finished watching Criminal:UK before starting the Americans and liked that series too.

We just finished "Bloodlands". Very silly sub "Line of Duty" stuff.
I watched that (not online though) don’t think I’ve seen so much overacting for a long while.
LOD back tonight, I suspect like last series a bit more dramatic for want of a better word than the earlier series which I think were the best.

I watched that (not online though) don’t think I’ve seen so much overacting for a long while.
LOD back tonight, I suspect like last series a bit more dramatic for want of a better word than the earlier series which I think were the best.

These series generally feel they have to "up the ante". Sometimes, less is more.

Bloodlands was produced by Jed Mercurio, of course. After the success of LoD, he has his own production company.

Watching “The Test” on Amazon for a second time (About the Australian cricket team post Cape Town sandpaper-gate to The Ashes 2019, superb behind the scenes dressing room footage).

Next I will go on to the Netflix Drive to survive series three, the first two were good viewing.

I really enjoyed Queens Gambit on Nextflix.

I also enjoyed Vexed, but that's a very different kettle of fish...