What are you listening to? | Vital Football

What are you listening to?

I'm listening to this:

What a load of crap. Don't wish to be rude but that's given me a headache, and I thought that you were a gent of the highest order.
Oddly enough I'm still running through my collection of CDs and DVDs, tonight it's the turn of DVDs and so far I'm chucking out a John Lee Hooker which I remember buying in Vietnam several years ago. Followed by a poor recording of Chris Isaak. Keeping Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen Anthology 1978 - 2000, and lastly Jimmy Buffet live in Annguille. That's enough ear bashing for one night, there's a long way to go.

On reflection you don't really listen to that sort of stuff do you ?

:whist:

What a load of crap. Don't wish to be rude but that's given me a headache, and I thought that you were a gent of the highest order.
Oddly enough I'm still running through my collection of CDs and DVDs, tonight it's the turn of DVDs and so far I'm chucking out a John Lee Hooker which I remember buying in Vietnam several years ago. Followed by a poor recording of Chris Isaak. Keeping Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen Anthology 1978 - 2000, and lastly Jimmy Buffet live in Annguille. That's enough ear bashing for one night, there's a long way to go.

On reflection you don't really listen to that sort of stuff do you ?

:whist:
You might be surprised.
I listen to all sorts. Big fan of Pink Floyd, especially the early psych rock stuff with the long jams (I guess the era after Barret but before Waters really took over everything then left). Recently I have been into noisy, headache inducing stuff though. Jimmy Buffet is genuinely terrible.

The tune and rhythm go down well but those words don't appeal at all. I've got 6 small great grand children who all tend to respond to what I'm playing and I'm sure that their parents wouldn't want them to hear that even though they're probably more broad minded than me.

MY left foot hurts where it's been tapping along.

You might be surprised.
I listen to all sorts. Big fan of Pink Floyd, especially the early psych rock stuff with the long jams (I guess the era after Barret but before Waters really took over everything then left). Recently I have been into noisy, headache inducing stuff though. Jimmy Buffet is genuinely terrible.

Pink Floyd never palls. Quite a few years ago my eldest son gave me a CD of Pulse and it still gets played on a regular basis. And I have a DVD of David Gikmour live at the Royal Albert Hall, it also gets a regular airing although once he's finished with Pulse he's got a number of guests. It's good stuff though.
I also revert back to early adulthood at times, blues, jazz, big bands of the early type and all sorts in between and I'm not the only one on here either.

Jimmy Buffet isn't every bodies cup of tea but there's half a dozen songs on that DVD that I enjoy.
Each to his own though.

@AdebolaCornflakes got me into it.

Try

No naughty language but absolute bangers. My go to songs

That's much better, in fact I could go for the Fat White Band, all of it, and it's similar to what I believe my Grand kids enjoy, (all in their 20s and early 30s). Not so keen on Snapped Ankles though.
And I always thought AC was a Church Deacon or some such upright citizen.
Might have to revise my opinion.

Crikey, I've got more DVDs than I thought. Complete set of Dad's Army, Two Ronnies, a good many more of a similar time frame and I've just chucked out a number of others of a similar age that aren't as funny as I used to think.

The ones I've kept still make me laugh. Wonder if I'm the only one.