What are you having for dinner? | Vital Football

What are you having for dinner?

astonion

Vital Squad Member
Well we have a thread discussing vegans etc so I thought I would start this thread off. Might be ineterseting to see how many people still have the tradional Sunday roast.

Me I am having Pork belly with roast spuds, cauli and broccili, bisto gravy and washed down with a nice glass of white wine. About 1.00 - 1.30 should do it.

Yes still have traditional Sunday dinner, most Sundays. Today is chicken, with roasts, mash, veg, yorkshire pud and gravy. No roast for me, as healthy eating. Not keen on roast spuds anyway. Will have some mash. 1 Yorkshire only and cut down on the gray. I like to soak my dinner in gravy and have bread with it after. None of that today.

Desert will be fresh strawberries, with cream for the men. No cream for me

I don't bother with a trad. roast each Sunday and this Sunday is not a trad. Sunday roast for me. Probably finish up with Fish and Chips, mushy peas etc.

Next Sunday?... well that's a different kettle of fish...

Ttaditional roast? in this weather? no chance. either salad or bbq!!!!! with a few ales obviously. or we eat out. barton marina again today for craft fair so will have sone grub there. when its good weather i hate wasting sundays cooking or getting very sweaty eating a steaming hot meal. couldnt think of anything worse

I had Chicken Roast tatties green beans sprouts and stuffing with chicken gravy and now i am in pain as my belly is about to pop HEEEEELP!!!

ClivetheVillan - 29/6/2014 14:07

I had Chicken Roast tatties green beans sprouts and stuffing with chicken gravy and now i am in pain as my belly is about to pop HEEEEELP!!!

Hands you the Gaviscon Clive :14:

Have enjoyed my belly pork. Must admit kefkets dinner sounded lovely. Strawberries and cream, mmmm, have to say had enough without pudding. Although I live on my own I do still like my sunday dinner and to me its worrth the effort. Helps having a dishwasher, finish dinner and shove it all in the machine, and now..... after dinner snooze..

kefkat - 29/6/2014 14:13

ClivetheVillan - 29/6/2014 14:07

Hands you the Gaviscon Clive :14:

:19: Necks the bottle :10: :8:

Gammon, couple of roast spuds and lots of veg. Trying squash and sweet potato for the first time today

Veggie spag-bol made with frozen soya mince. It was ok I suppose but despite me adding some garlic and good veggies it was essentially a sauce from a jar so not brilliant. Home made is sooooooooooo much better.

Tonight I had fresh cod, wrapped in foil with a nob of butter and some ground black pepper. Had it with potato gratin annd warm beetroot. Followed by spotted dick and double cream. Very nice it was too.

Today was a ''cracker'' Pork belly draft stuffing green beans carrots and roast tatties and gravy, was lovely but i had not mint sauce left :(

well seeing as I'm stuck at work every Sunday, I have to take my dinner with me and nuke it in the microwave about......now actually..... tonight I'm having a home cooked Chinese curried pork and chips. We get packet curry powder (proper authentic stuff by Mayflower), add water to the consistency you desire, heat through in a pan and throw in your veggies. The pork was from a joint I cooked this morning at 8am so the rest of the family will be scoffing that down with whatever they want to make. Just a pity I didnt get any crackling as it was still quite hot by the time I left for work ( I burnt my fingers cutting the strips of pork to put in my curry).

I love cooking. I should have been a chef, but I don't like seafood and I doubt I could work the hours they have to do or have someone bellowing in my ears all day. I'd probably end up cleaving them in 2 lol

Garlic Chicken, New Potatoes, mixed veg and a couple of knobs of butter over the potatoes and veg. Followed by a Strawberry yoghurt.

Roast Lamb, potatoes , cauliflower , broccoli , parsnips , carrots , peas and of course mint sauce.

It was the taste sensation.

It's not about tonight's dinner, but it's still related. I ordered Pork for a Dinner I was attending on Friday night, and there was a mix up and I ended up with the Vegetable Tart. It was something I would never normally order, but it was sensational. What an added bonus for a very enjoyable evening.

Pork dinner, with all the usual and apple sauce too. Not having it until about 8-pm tonight as it's too warm, here