What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 244 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Our current favourite meal at the moment….chicken and plum noodle stir fry with bok choy. Found some proper ketjap manis now ( M&S) also included hoisin sauce, ginger purée, chilli flakes, spring onion and peanuts
Berries, meringue and cream to follow
Sounds tasty!

An omelette over a rocket and pea shoot salad for us tonight. The omelette had a strong Welsh cheese in (I forget the name), tomato, red pepper, cauliflower and chopped "prawnies" - our name for those shaped surimi things (basically crabsticks).

Since there are a couple of fans of Encona sauces on this thread, what do you make of their Thai sweet chilli sauce? I have a bottle and I'm not massively keen. Seems to have an unusual extra flavour in it which I don't think goes particularly.*

*Prepares to be roasted for insensitivity if it's how authentic Thai sweet chilli sauce tastes

Tonight I'm going to try to emulate a Gousto recipe we had a couple of times, chilli-lime sweet potato and rice salad (with black beans). I'm missing coriander and cashews, but will substitute with chopped rocket leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.

Tonight I'm going to try to emulate a Gousto recipe we had a couple of times, chilli-lime sweet potato and rice salad (with black beans). I'm missing coriander and cashews, but will substitute with chopped rocket leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Well, last minute substitution of mint leaves from the garden because apparently we used all the rocket yesterday! Should still be nice though.

Since there are a couple of fans of Encona sauces on this thread, what do you make of their Thai sweet chilli sauce? I have a bottle and I'm not massively keen. Seems to have an unusual extra flavour in it which I don't think goes particularly.*

*Prepares to be roasted for insensitivity if it's how authentic Thai sweet chilli sauce tastes

Well maybe try this instead....

Attachments

• E67OHnOWUAACgug.jpeg.jpg
    E67OHnOWUAACgug.jpeg.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4

If it has the word "sweet" in it, it tends to stay on the supermarket shelf. I have tried some of their other ones. The mental hot one is good but I still generally buy the "original"

Last edited:
If it has the word "sweet" in it, it tends to stay on the supermarket shelf. I have tried some of their other ones. The mental hot one is good but I still generally buy the "original"
I don't know many of theirs, but I like the scotch bonnet one. Don't need much, mind!