What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 225 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Another BBQ tonight, making the most of the warm weather. Three types of burger this time. Not all eaten tonight ( honest) as we’ll have some cold for tomorrow. Nice chilled Dancing Dragonfly golden ale with.View attachment 49416
Have you ever done bananas on the BBQ? If not it can be amazing, although a little unpredictable in my experience...just stick the unpeeled bananas in a foil wrapping and bung it on for ten minutes or so...if it works you get an indulgent, gooey banana-y pudding!

Nice set-up! Always nice to see photos too. I'd do that more if I didn't struggle with the file size!
The photos took a bit of working out but you can alter the size and I opt for large rather than actual size and it seems to work ok. We got the BBQ last summer as the arse had fallen out of the last one. It’s an “Outback” and it cooks quite gently which I like as it doesn’t matter if I take my eye off it for a few minutes and has a removable ash pan which makes it easy to clean.

Last edited:
Have you ever done bananas on the BBQ? If not it can be amazing, although a little unpredictable in my experience...just stick the unpeeled bananas in a foil wrapping and bung it on for ten minutes or so...if it works you get an indulgent, gooey banana-y pudding!
We don’t tend to do puds on it very often but I have tried banana but not in foil, I just bunged it on in its skin.....must try it next time

I like a strip of feta with olive oil, a thin slice of red & green bell peppers, red onion and mixed herbs wrapped in a foil parcel. Cook 5 to 10 minutes on the bbq.
Think I could be repeating this from an old post I made but it's worth trying. The cheese goes really soft.

The photos took a bit of working out but you can alter the size and I opt for large rather than actual size and it seems to work ok. We got the BBQ last summer as the arse had fallen out of the last one. It’s an “Outback” and it cooks quite gently which I like as it doesn’t matter if I take my eye off it for a few minutes and has a removable ash pan which makes it easy to clean.
That's definitely an advantage, nothing worse than that panic when everything needs turning over and it's all burning and then the burger you have in the tongs starts slipping through the grill and oh god that sausage is on fire now arrrghhh....

I like a strip of feta with olive oil, a thin slice of red & green bell peppers, red onion and mixed herbs wrapped in a foil parcel. Cook 5 to 10 minutes on the bbq.
Think I could be repeating this from an old post I made but it's worth trying. The cheese goes really soft.
Oooh I'm definitely interested in trying that! The Mrs will be down for that too, she always has halloumi on the BBQ and feta in a salad alongside. Herby feta is heavenly 👍

Tonight we had, via gousto, "The ManiLife PB&J meat-free burger" with potato wedges. Basically a burger with peanut butter, chilli jam, mayo and pickled shallot. Pretty good, we agreed on 7/10 - pretty good going since the Mrs hates peanuts (and she chose this recipe)!

Quiche Lorraine tonight with new potatoes and salad, beetroot salad and slaw.
pineapple, strawberries and raspberries with Greek yogurt and chopped walnuts