What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 60 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I honestly think we have! Tried various recipes and most work. The key is fresh, green stuff, toasted pine nuts, a bit of garlic and decent olive oil. Parmesan optional- we actually tend to use gruyere.

I wouldn't eat pasta any other way.
Excellent, I'll bear that all in mind. Will have to remember to toast the pine nuts in future. It certainly is a good way for pasta to be served - simple, effective, tasty as.

Excellent, I'll bear that all in mind. Will have to remember to toast the pine nuts in future. It certainly is a good way for pasta to be served - simple, effective, tasty as.

I think the best pestos do involve fresh basil. But you can combine that with other things. I think I'll try charred red peppers next time.

Steak at Casa Hither this evening, Mr Hither has fired up the BBQ! Hazelnut and chocolate cheesecake for afters.

Made a Thai chicken coconut soup for the week in a fit of misplaced culinary over-enthusiasm #manychillies

I fancy that pud!

Magic ingredient is Nutella! Oh, and a generous shot of Frangelico liqueur but I suspect that comes as no surprise......
Not sure if it's exactly what you would like Hither, but Dead Man's Fingers have just released a new rum - a hazelnut one! Might be of interest if you like Frangelico.

I should add that I haven't tried this rum yet, nor am I on commission!

Tortellini with the home-made pesto for lunch.

As the weather has finally cheered up a bit up here in t'North, tea is going to be a trio of dips - feta and mint, hummous and finally fig, olive and honey - with home-made bread and salad.

Mrs Notty has discovered a full-proof multi-seed wholemeal bread recipe that is delicious!

Last edited:
Tortellini with the home-made pesto for lunch.

As the weather has finally cheered up a bit up here in t'North, tea is going to be a trio of dips - feta and mint, hummous and finally fig, olive and honey - with home-made bread and salad.

Mrs Notty has discovered a full-proof multi-seed wholemeal bead recipe that is delicious!
Fig, olive and honey dip?! That sounds like the food of the (ancient Greek) gods!

Roast turkey breast tonight (all trimmings other than sprouts!), followed by a tiramisu-Black Forest hybrid - layered up crumbled leftover brownies, Kirsch, cherry compote and mascarpone whisked with cream and Marsala. Something chilled alongside #headsforwinerack

Not sure if it's exactly what you would like Hither, but Dead Man's Fingers have just released a new rum - a hazelnut one! Might be of interest if you like Frangelico.

I should add that I haven't tried this rum yet, nor am I on commission!

Thank you for letting me know about that Rob, sounds right up my alley!

Roast turkey breast tonight (all trimmings other than sprouts!), followed by a tiramisu-Black Forest hybrid - layered up crumbled leftover brownies, Kirsch, cherry compote and mascarpone whisked with cream and Marsala. Something chilled alongside #headsforwinerack

That all sounds delicious Hither. I’m getting peckish now

Don't fancy the turkey, but wow, that pud sounds good!!