What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 59 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Plum tree now ripe any recipes gladly received

Meant to say, our plums are not ready yet - it's always interesting when we go down to Devon/Cornwall to note how much further on trees, flowers, crops are - in the big picture the distance is not that great, but the difference in nature is

Just toast this morning. I'm not much of a breakfast person and, if it's larger, it's usually more of a brunch (unless I'm on holiday, in which case I have everything going!).
Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Lord and Supper like a pauper.

Meant to say, our plums are not ready yet - it's always interesting when we go down to Devon/Cornwall to note how much further on trees, flowers, crops are - in the big picture the distance is not that great, but the difference in nature is

yes the climate down here really is different we get lots of rain but generally it is warmer to the extent there is a vineyard nearby that seems to produce reasonable wine. The winters seem milder as well

yes the climate down here really is different we get lots of rain but generally it is warmer to the extent there is a vineyard nearby that seems to produce reasonable wine. The winters seem milder as well

I've been for wine-tasting visit to a vineyard in the Cotswolds. decent stuff, but expensive, of course.

I think vineyards are attested as far north as Eboracum (York) in the Roman period.

I've been for wine-tasting visit to a vineyard in the Cotswolds. decent stuff, but expensive, of course.

I think vineyards are attested as far north as Eboracum (York) in the Roman period.

yes english sparkling wine is really expensive

oh so the Romans has global warming too!

It is interesting. Some of the plants that are grown in places like The Lost Gardens of Heligan are really surprising, and doubt there are many spots in the UK where they could survive. Once saw a church down there (Cornwall) with palm trees of some kind growing around it! Wish I could remember where it was.

Steak at Casa Hither this evening, Mr Hither has fired up the BBQ! Hazelnut and chocolate cheesecake for afters.

Made a Thai chicken coconut soup for the week in a fit of misplaced culinary over-enthusiasm #manychillies

Home-made oven-dried tomato and home-grown basil pesto pasta with roasted peppers and onions tonight. Absolutely delicious and easily the best pesto I've tasted.
I must get my pesto plants planted ;) seriously though, have you nailed the pesto-making?

Dinner for me was a little more fusili with rocket pesto, salad, coleslaw and leftover paprika chicken sausages and mango-lime chicken in a pitta.

I must get my pesto plants planted ;) seriously though, have you nailed the pesto-making?

I honestly think we have! Tried various recipes and most work. The key is fresh, green stuff, toasted pine nuts, a bit of garlic and decent olive oil. Parmesan optional- we actually tend to use gruyere.

I wouldn't eat pasta any other way.