What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 57 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

These omelettes are really taking off now, aren't they?

I quite like all kinds of egg recipes such as omelette, scrambled and boiled. Adding things such as avocado, tomato’s. Mashed hard boiled eggs on rye bread with mustard spread on the bread with slices of tomato is another favourite.

Forgot poached which are another fav.

I quite like all kinds of egg recipes such as omelette, scrambled and boiled. Adding things such as avocado, tomato’s. Mashed hard boiled eggs on rye bread with mustard spread on the bread with slices of tomato is another favourite.

Forgot poached which are another fav.
The rye bread way sounds excellent! Might have to try that. Personally I love scrambled eggs the way my good lady does them - lots of butter and cracked black pepper, dumped on toast. Beautiful!

I'm weirdly picky with eggs - like omelettes, scrambled, fried but not poached or boiled.
I've never liked poached eggs myself either, what is the appeal of a wet egg? Not for me. I can do hardboiled but never keen on softboiled eggs, which I've always been given stick for. Apparently I'm "missing out"!

Strangely enough I've just bought some maple syrup and some vanilla essence, tomorrow I'm making French toast for a change. Getting a bit oated to death having them every day.

Earlier in the week I bought a small sliced white loaf as part of my Morrisons shop. Purpose - for fried egg on fried bread tomorrow as a treat

I'm perfectly happy with eggs cooked in any way. Normally have three per week - Sunday we normally have scrambled with left overs and Wednesday fried with chips, so Saturday is normally my day to vary - tend to avoid too many fried (guts issue!!)

Have to say the best fried potatoes both my wife and I think back to were during our "courting" days. Sunday tea we would alternate between her house and mine, but either way, Sunday evening we went out with her mum and dad to Rustons club in Unity Square. We'd have a pint downstairs, and then the music would kick in upstairs (can't remember if it was a group or a disco - most probably the former), and we'd go up for a dance, leaving them downstairs where a "trio" would be playing . In the break we'd go down for another pint with them, and when the music started upstairs, back we'd go. Then bus back to her mum and dad's where we'd have fried potatoes, left over from Sunday dinner, with brown sauce and pickled onions. Like I said, we both think they've never been beaten