What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 54 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Being a saturday without a home game that makes it a fry up lunch. Sausages from lakings in Louth, smoked cured bacon from a local farm, black pudding from a butchers in heckington. Scamans eggs, a fried slice, beans, tomatoes and fried mushrooms with a big mug of tea and three rounds of toast.

It was gonna be full English today but Mrs E insisted we needed to be good so avocado and poached eggs on toast it was, with fresh orange juice followed by toast and Roses lemon and lime marmalade and tea. Enjoyed it all the same.

Being a saturday without a home game that makes it a fry up lunch. Sausages from lakings in Louth, smoked cured bacon from a local farm, black pudding from a butchers in heckington. Scamans eggs, a fried slice, beans, tomatoes and fried mushrooms with a big mug of tea and three rounds of toast.
Sounds delicious

Last edited:
Just enjoying a couple of appetisers, Proper Job followed by Tribute sat in the garden. I could almost be in Cornwall! Mrs E. is on the rose cider

Have a good one Riiiiik, is it a pub or restaurant, what do you fancy?
Cheers. It's a Vintage Inn pub.
Gotta be their garlic mushrooms to start. They have cheese on, I really like them. Probably a chicken dish as my staple diet is chicken or fish.
Gave up puddings years ago. Too much of the nasty white stuff.
Enjoy the garden while it's still fine.:cheers:

Risotto followed by a couple of Mrs S's chocolate fairy cakes/muffins out the freezer - custard on hers, red currant ice cream with mine

Cheers. It's a Vintage Inn pub.
Gotta be their garlic mushrooms to start. They have cheese on, I really like them. Probably a chicken dish as my staple diet is chicken or fish.
Gave up puddings years ago. Too much of the nasty white stuff.
Enjoy the garden while it's still fine.:cheers:

Have to agree, starter and main every time if we go out, only room for a pud occasionally if it’s something we really fancy. Usually happy just with a coffee especially if it comes with chocolate!

Well that was nice.....steak, chips, onion rings, mushrooms, and peas with a side of sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil drizzled with balsamic 21CCA67E-BF30-4F8E-9E86-7DB7764FD97D.jpegfollowed by shop bought caramel panna cotta

Had friends round this afternoon, cheddar and bacon quiche and sausage and caramelised onion pie with salad, pecan and walnut dark chocolate brownies to follow. That was a busy morning in the kitchen!

Late dinner of an Indian spiced shepherd's pie.

Oh, and very successful Thursday night dinner of pan-fried swordfish with tomato, pepper, red wine and olive sauce, green beans and garlic roasted potatoes with oregano and lemon alongside. Credit where due to the Mango Beach Bar in Zante for the original!
Only foreign food I eat really is Italian or Greek.
This sounds delightful. I've mastered Stifado, I think I should give this a whirl.