What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 26 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

That sounds a proper feast. But how many are you feeding, devenex? 10 people!?
Just me and the missus......plenty of leftovers going forward,none of it going to waste....tomorrow and the day after potentially.
Planning ahead is my strategy on most issues unlike our group of politicians and expert medical cronies who have landed us all fully in the brown stuff through a complete lack of process and foresight.
Covid 19 has proven that many governments(not fit for purpose) across Europe and the world were caught with their pants around their ankles and a shortage of toilet roll too......no hiding places,but they still lie about the numbers and have no processes.

Still if you set a low expectation on what politicians and experts will achieve for society through the electoral process then you won`t be too disappointed when they deliver an economic mess and thousands of excess deaths in a pandemic that was waving at them for months from China.

Tonight we're having what has become our traditional Wednesday night tea for several years, Egg and Chips

Pre lockdown I would pop to the Chippy for chips and mushy peas, but last few weeks Mrs S has been doing frozen chips in the air fryer and tinned mushy peas (actually better quality than chip shop peas!!). She has a couple of slices of bacon with it, and I have tomato and mushrooms. Its equally as good as chip shop chips and peas, but is somehow not quite the same "treat"

For pud I will be having apple pie and ice cream - probably my favourite. It's a decent pie. but shop bought because wife couldn't get any cooking apples from Aldi when she went on Monday

Quite a healthy one tonight....Salmon fillets brushed with a mixture of honey, lime juice and whole grain mustard served with new potatoes ( in butter and parsley ) and shop bought stuffed mushroom (garlic,cheese and herb crumb) Really good, I should try to eat more fish.
Usual strawberries and cream to come, bought a job lot from Tesco- 1kg for £3- still working our way through them, never get bored of strawberries!

Peri-peri chicken and mixed pepper stir-fry from Mr Hither tonight, extra Scotch Bonnets apparently. Erk. Will be delicious though, Mr Hither is a great cook!

Went to the bakery earlier so some serious (and properly French) patisserie for afters. Once a week only, for the sake of my arteries.

I had an awful pizza from Asda tonight, which the Mrs was supposed to have before going to donate blood but decided was terrible! She was right.

(She quickly made something else instead, don't worry!)

Last night was back indoors and the leftovers were wheeled out to keep the worms on mark in this pandemic.
tuna fish rice was still available plus potato salad oven baked chips .Kingpin on the cooker grill was a beautiful slice of rump steak with a touch of garlic butter.
sweet was a small mandarin and orange trifle.
wine was leftovers too....more Puglian Primitivo and Malvasia Nera....decent.

Weather normally doesn`t deter me from cooking outside and I often do a bbq for the new year when it can be frosting or snowing here on Exmoor,it gives a bit of variation from all the monotony of roast dinners.
BBQ gobbler always goes down a treat at crimbo......save some for Boris!

Last edited:
Bit of a make do tonight....bacon and mushroom omelette with baked beans ( wife had salad with hers) followed by the last of the strawberries

Don`t drop down on that protein intake or your worms will suffer and then your covids 19 could be on the prowl and infiltrate you when your immunity drops.

Back up plan with a shortage of protein is always a handful of those birds eye chillies,keep them handy for a midnight snack......i`m eating them like smarties till this lock down ends.
keep lucky.

Last night was back indoors and the leftovers were wheeled out to keep the worms on mark in this pandemic.
tuna fish rice was still available plus potato salad oven baked chips .Kingpin on the cooker grill was a beautiful slice of rump steak with a touch of garlic butter.
sweet was a small mandarin and orange trifle.
wine was leftovers too....more Puglian Primitivo and Malvasia Nera....decent.

Weather normally doesn`t deter me from cooking outside and I often do a bbq for the new year when it can be frosting or snowing here on Exmoor,it gives a bit of variation from all the monotony of roast dinners.
BBQ gobbler always goes do a treat at crimbo......save some for Boris!

You need to keep an eye on those worms Devon, their bmi must be a concern!

Chicken katsu curry, Thai sticky rice and a tomato and spring onion salad. Asahi beer for Mr Hither, nothing alcoholic for me this time as this was lunch and I had to get back to work.....

Cracking recipe, definitely doing that again.

Homemade Scotch broth for lunch. Hearty fare after we got caught in a hail-storm walking the dogs on the beach.

Tonight, a current favourite: chicken teriyaki with noodles.