What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 14 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Usual bbq job last night
contents of grill included,chicken thighs,pork tenderloin skewer with bbq rib sauce(homemade) rump steak, pork and garlic banger,courgette,aubergine,monster salad,bbq spuds in skins,Romano peppers,mixed pepper skewer.
bananas in their skins then covered with ice cream, rum and seasonal strawberries.
alcohol= rose and a Leffe beer.
Worms were reasonably pleased with their supply of nosh but moaned there was too much roughage heading southwards into the intestines.I replied that when this economic collapse starts FULLY impacting they will count themselves lucky to get a bowl of aphids.

Full,all you can eat banquet again then Devon. Sounds good

Covids, aphids, what is world coming to!?

We had the left-over soup and casserole last night.

Chicken teriyaki tonight.

Contemplating something homemade Indian tonight,just scoffed down a bowl of saag aloo,made by yours truly and just for a few minutes whilst I heated the food up in the kitchen tandoor pleasant memories of Southall High Street came flooding back.
link =decent recipe

Last edited:
Covids, aphids, what is world coming to!?

We had the left-over soup and casserole last night.

Chicken teriyaki tonight.

Once all the cows have been slaughtered worldwide to cut the methane emissions then aphids, mealworms, and weevils will be the staple diet all over the UK including Lincolnshire and the Chicken Teriyaki will just be something deep seated in the memory,talked about on old televised food programmes and joked about at dinner parties whilst you scoff down another hand full of deep fried locusts and drink Dettol to stay alive.

Once all the cows have been slaughtered worldwide to cut the methane emissions then aphids, mealworms, and weevils will be the staple diet all over the UK including Lincolnshire and the Chicken Teriyaki will just be something deep seated in the memory,talked about on old televised food programmes and joked about at dinner parties whilst you scoff down another hand full of deep fried locusts and drink Dettol to stay alive.

Your dystopian future should be encoded in a novel. "Day Of The Aphids", perhaps?

Just wait for all the Dettol cocktails to be emerge! The trendy new ingredient.

On the subject of eating insects, I listened to an interesting episode of a podcast on this subject recently. It was largely about a company trying to make a milk alternative from insects! The episode in question was Why Not Eat Bugs? from the Proof podcast (all about food). There are some other interesting things that they investigate, such as how Beanboozled are made (those jelly beans that are either a normal flavour or something horrible) without including revolting ingredients and the surprising boom in oyster mushroom cultivation in Rwanda that is helping their economy. It's a bit American but generally a good listen if you're into your food.

Just wait for all the Dettol cocktails to be emerge! The trendy new ingredient.

On the subject of eating insects, I listened to an interesting episode of a podcast on this subject recently. It was largely about a company trying to make a milk alternative from insects! The episode in question was Why Not Eat Bugs? from the Proof podcast (all about food). There are some other interesting things that they investigate, such as how Beanboozled are made (those jelly beans that are either a normal flavour or something horrible) without including revolting ingredients and the surprising boom in oyster mushroom cultivation in Rwanda that is helping their economy. It's a bit American but generally a good listen if you're into your food.
Food is a complete chore for me, I`m just in the middle of making a balti mixed vegetable dish,it`s a favourite with my tapeworms,they are eating me out of house and home!

I fired up the barbie tonight.....local butchers’ Lincolnshire sausage, pork burger, beef burger, lamb cutlet, and shop prepared garlic chicken skewer and lamb kebab. Also home made coleslaw and salad. Strawberrys and cream to follow ......when I can move again!
A bit late again reading this thread. Been at work all week. If you like sausages get yourself to the local Wragby butchers. I don't eat many of them - not good for my ripped physique - but his venison sausages are outstanding. Had some from a farm shop in Barnsley and they're not a patch. Next time I'm down I'll be buying a boat load for the freezer.

A bit late again reading this thread. Been at work all week. If you like sausages get yourself to the local Wragby butchers. I don't eat many of them - not good for my ripped physique - but his venison sausages are outstanding. Had some from a farm shop in Barnsley and they're not a patch. Next time I'm down I'll be buying a boat load for the freezer.

I’ll have to give those a try Riiiiik. Sounds good

Had some banana ice cream I made for dessert. It's just frozen banana slices that I blended to be smooth then refroze. First time doing that... it's ok. Also did a small amount (still banana) with peanut butter blended in, which was more interesting.

Had some banana ice cream I made for dessert. It's just frozen banana slices that I blended to be smooth then refroze. First time doing that... it's ok. Also did a small amount (still banana) with peanut butter blended in, which was more interesting.

Bananas are a bit like covids for me - to be avoided!

Pork, onion, sage and apple meat-loaf tonight with cabbage, carrots, mash and gravy tonight. Going to need some fortification against these 50mph winds up here!