What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

True. I did a big batch of veg soup a year or so ago, which mostly consisted of cabbage and some other greens plus potato. Thought it'd be more interesting if I put a bird's eye chilli or two on whilst it cooked, which I then fished out at the end. Apparently it was not dilute enough despite hardly using any...it turned out red hot. Still ate it all though!

Didn't cook last night, we got pizza in as a surprise! Probably be eating that for most of today too.

We got lazy too. We had covid and chips - sorry! cod and chips. I joke with the Mrs that folks don't seem to have quite got the hang of social distancing around here. :lol:

That also sounds excellent! We had a very boring dinner of steamed veg last night, plus I had a couple of sausages. Must do better tonight! (Although the mrs-to-be did decline all offers of something interesting and specifically requested "lots of steamed vegetables", so I'm it taking the blame for it being dull!)

Didn't cook last night, went to our local reopened chippy, now complete with big protective screens! Still got some fish and chips left over for lunch today.

We had baked orzo puttanesca, a dish from Napoli. It's a sort of tuna and tomato baked pasta risotto with lemon, capers, black olives and fresh basil. Very tasty indeed.

The etymology of "puttanesca" is mildly shocking.

We had baked orzo puttanesca, a dish from Napoli. It's a sort of tuna and tomato baked pasta risotto with lemon, capers, black olives and fresh basil. Very tasty indeed.

The etymology of "puttanesca" is mildly shocking.
That sounds tasty. Dare I look that up or should I wait until after dark?

last night`s dinner in Chateau Brayford .......(.name of the village i live in part of the time but very handy during lockdown) was 2 small lobsters and a cock crab with salad and potatoes ,washed down with a bottle of cava and a bottle of crozes hermitage(yann Chave 2016).. finished off with a cheeseboard(jarlsberg,Boursin.Gruyere)..........diet going well,who gives a .uck.
.........no room for the strawberries in brandy!

Fish picked up the previous day from my mate in Ilfracombe who has a family trawler and small boat for picking up strings of pots.

because i live a distance from nearest shops(6 miles) both my freezers are jammed full with local meats etc.....my motto for all things is plan ahead
(not like these poxy governments who couldn`t even order a face mask)

plus i have 2 fridges 1 for food and 1 for alcohol storage.
keep safe and keep drinking!