What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 71 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I’ve only tried oysters once, in a posh hotel in mallorca. Everyone was having them and I always fancied trying them, lovely setting, outside table on a cliff top overlooking the sea, beautiful sunset. Just ordered three to share as a first starter, Mrs E nearly baulked with hers so I had to have the other two. A bit overrated if I’m honest and I didn’t really like the salty liquid....probably wouldn’t bother again
Also agree oysters overrated, tried them and mussels in Brittany years ago. Happily go for mussels if on a menu, but never gone for oysters since though I don't hang out in the right sort of champagne and oyster bars.

Actually, yes, just once in Lisbon literally decades ago. Pan-fried in some kind of lime marinade. It was delicious.

Caught my own Tuna (5 of us) in the Atlantic, gutted and on the B-B-Q that evening after giving some of the locals half our catch for taking us out. Bit of white wine absolutely amazing and can’t get any fresher.

Dinner last night was Cajun trout, rice and "warm Greek salad" of tomato, rocket, onion, garlic, feta and a few very potent chili flakes.

The rest of the freekeh salad tonight, topped with roast butter-nut squash. Was meant to be halloumi, but Mrs Notty is swearing of the dairy atm.

Semi regular tea tonight with a carbonara and fusilli pasta lots of black pepper and finely grated parmigiano reggiano
Nice beer while it cooked ( witham shield, a pale ale from Fiskerton ales brewery) and a glass of Sauvignon blanc from Oxford Landing Estates in south Australia. It’s actually a vegan wine but has a hobbit sized carbon footprint. Very nice though.

Tried to be healthy tonight so we had whole-wheat gnocchi, Morrisons attempt at fake chicken cubes, courgette, mushroom, onion and garlic with a garlic and herb sauce.

I made American pancakes again for lunch today. The only problem was I mistakenly used strong white bread flour instead of plain flour, so they were super stodgy instead of light!