What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 59 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

stokeimp

Vital Squad Member
Plum tree now ripe any recipes gladly received
Meant to say, our plums are not ready yet - it's always interesting when we go down to Devon/Cornwall to note how much further on trees, flowers, crops are - in the big picture the distance is not that great, but the difference in nature is

bristolimp

Vital Football Hero
Meant to say, our plums are not ready yet - it's always interesting when we go down to Devon/Cornwall to note how much further on trees, flowers, crops are - in the big picture the distance is not that great, but the difference in nature is
yes the climate down here really is different we get lots of rain but generally it is warmer to the extent there is a vineyard nearby that seems to produce reasonable wine. The winters seem milder as well

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
yes the climate down here really is different we get lots of rain but generally it is warmer to the extent there is a vineyard nearby that seems to produce reasonable wine. The winters seem milder as well
I've been for wine-tasting visit to a vineyard in the Cotswolds. decent stuff, but expensive, of course.

I think vineyards are attested as far north as Eboracum (York) in the Roman period.

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
It is interesting. Some of the plants that are grown in places like The Lost Gardens of Heligan are really surprising, and doubt there are many spots in the UK where they could survive. Once saw a church down there (Cornwall) with palm trees of some kind growing around it! Wish I could remember where it was.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
I must get my pesto plants planted ;) seriously though, have you nailed the pesto-making?
I honestly think we have! Tried various recipes and most work. The key is fresh, green stuff, toasted pine nuts, a bit of garlic and decent olive oil. Parmesan optional- we actually tend to use gruyere.

I wouldn't eat pasta any other way.