What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 51 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Boiled eggs and toasted sourdough soldiers and then more toast with homemade gooseberry jam ( made by my sister)
no lunch but full works roast chicken dinner with trimmings of pigs in blankets and homemade stuffing made with bacon and mushroom, sourdough breadcrumbs, thyme, sage, and onion (bound with egg and formed into balls) Made extra so some for tomorrow. Also four of my five veg, roast potatoes and yorkies
Pudding not required but had a couple of bits of fruit later

Tried to make a sort of makeshift sweet and sour dinner tonight, using Quorn chicken chunks, shredded carrot and broccoli, onion, sesame seeds, white wine vingear, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and...golden syrup. With reheated roast potatoes.

Sounds like a right hash, I know, but it was pretty tasty!

Pork loin, potatoes and French beans. Kids spied pitta bread coming out the supermarket bag in the week and we’re banking on Shawarma today. Fatherly advice given “Always expect the unexpected” especially when your mother is in the kitchen.

We made some middle-eastern style pasties for lunch. They have a Palestinian name I can't remember. Very delicious.
Ooh I like that sort of thing. There's a cracking Middle Eastern restaurant in Loughborough that we frequent (well we used to!) that does this sort of thing.

I made some jars of marmalade yesterday, though it was using a big can of prepared orange pulp that my parents gave me a year or two ago. I've never made it like that before. I will be trying it on my toast in the morning!

I made some jars of marmalade yesterday, though it was using a big can of prepared orange pulp that my parents gave me a year or two ago. I've never made it like that before. I will be trying it on my toast in the morning!

You can't beat Golden Shred!

My wife uses that sort of stuff (from Lakeland). Has done orange and lemon at different times. Makes good marmalade

Last night I made a tomato sauce (with enough for three portions to go in freezer) with fusili pasta. Followed by some pud from out the freezer (defrosted!!) with ice cream

We had vegetable and potato patties with a vegan cheese sauce on top last night. Quite tasty to say it was just a load of veg and chickpeas!

Started the day healthily with poached eggs and smashed avocado on sourdough toast, ham salad sandwich for lunch then we’ve gone and spoilt it with a double pepperoni pizza with extra mushrooms and ham for tea with a couple of buds each. It was good though and good value at two pizzas and a four pack of bud for £5 from the coop