What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 27 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I've met him. BMI is a concern but not because of the worms! ;)
Tried all those fad diets,Atkins,cabbage soup,5 and 2,macrobiotic,south beach,paleo and all to no avail
It all changed when the tapeworms were installed and despite a few side effects they are there for the duration and I can still fit into my school uniform trousers,if I breathe in and don`t exhale.

Thursday`s nosh:Was in eat the house mode and I put that down to worm activity SO I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR MY INTAKE.
Started with homemade leek and potato soup,then a slice of wholemeal bread with red pepper dip and salad plus small portion of tuna fish rice.
Still starving so shoved in 3 baked spuds and served them with coleslaw and hummus.
Small offering of cheese to follow.

sweet was cherry and custard tart...Lidl(branded deluxe) vfm £1.99......identical product on Waitrose shelves £4.50.........................good item.
https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-morello-cherry-vanilla-tart/785389-705564-705565
Punters being mugged off every day, even in the shopping aisles.

wine was top Gigondas : domaine la soumade/Rasteau ..80% grenache........sent me off to plan a Rhone trip in September.......French restaurants now open since last Tuesday.

Last edited:
Earlier I had tinned Heinz spaghetti on toast; wife had beans on toast, and remaining half of that tin will form part of our "left over feast" Sunday breakfast.

For tea we'll be having scampi and chips with peas and salad. This will obviously be home cooked, but is another partially traditional Friday night tea. We normally have tea out on a Friday, and a fairly regular haunt is a local Marstons pub, the George and Dragon, where I normally have scampi and chips. Although it has a standard Marstons menu, the landlord has a reputation for his homemade pies and a choice of these are always on offer, so Mrs S will normally have a slice of one of those, but for a change will sometimes have the scampi

For pud I will have the last slice of the apple pie I started earlier in the week with ice cream, another dish normally on offer at the George'

And I will also be drinking real ale, because I'm going to crack open and sample my box of Bowland Gold. Wife will no doubt have a glass of white as she would if we went out.

[QUOTE="NottyImp, post: 2309086, member: 9698"]Change of plan! Can't be asrsed to cook so a spam fritter and chips from the local chippy tonight.

Sincilbanks will be proud of me![/QUOTE]

You lucky bastard having a local chippy,if there was one down here it would probably be shite anyhow.
I intend to go to Hayling Island on the south coast in the next 10 days to pick up some beer and wines from the cellar and will also give the local chippy down there a chance to get my gastric juices working,I`ve lost my sense of taste and it needs revitalising.

ps
how are you coping with all that new local noshing up there in Northumberland?

[QUOTE="NottyImp, post: 2309086, member: 9698"]Change of plan! Can't be asrsed to cook so a spam fritter and chips from the local chippy tonight.

Sincilbanks will be proud of me!

You lucky bastard having a local chippy,if there was one down here it would probably be shite anyhow.
I intend to go to Hayling Island on the south coast in the next 10 days to pick up some beer and wines from the cellar and will also give the local chippy down there a chance to get my gastric juices working,I`ve lost my sense of taste and it needs revitalising.

ps
how are you coping with all that new local noshing up there in Northumberland?[/QUOTE]

Not Northumbria mate, County Durham. Haven't had a whole lot of chance to sample the local delicacies given lock-down. A pleasure to come, no doubt!

Mrs Eweimps creation tonight......Mediterranean chicken tray bake, skin on thighs, red onion, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, thick sliced new potatoes (should have been courgettes too but hadn’t got any) all cooked with olive oil, garlic, lemon, and oregano. Threw in a few olives, mozzarella (should be feta) and basil leaves at the end and served with rocket and sliced tomato topped with mozzarella and a basil leaf and a few drops of balsamic olive oil and black pepper. Very nice too
Shop bought creme caramel to follow. Also Fiskerton brewery Golden Fleece blonde beer.

Mrs Eweimps creation tonight......Mediterranean chicken tray bake, skin on thighs, red onion, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, thick sliced new potatoes (should have been courgettes too but hadn’t got any) all cooked with olive oil, garlic, lemon, and oregano. Threw in a few olives, mozzarella (should be feta) and basil leaves at the end and served with rocket and sliced tomato topped with mozzarella and a basil leaf and a few drops of balsamic olive oil and black pepper. Very nice too
Shop bought creme caramel to follow. Also Fiskerton brewery Golden Fleece blonde beer.

Going to have to try these tray-bakes - they sound excellent!

Could knock devenex's BBQ shenanigans into a cocked-hat?

Good stuff. I could easily tackle that in an extra large portion.

Going to have to try these tray-bakes - they sound excellent!

Could knock devenex's BBQ shenanigans into a cocked-hat?

Saves on the washing up Notty. I think chicken thighs are very much underrated too.
When we have our occasional cooked breakfast on a Sunday we use the same method, tend to use chipolatas ( need a ten minute start)with bacon, mushrooms tomatoes. You can add the eggs for the last few minutes but timing can be tricky if you like a runny yoke so we do them separately. Beans get the microwave treatment sans cheese and toast!

Saves on the washing up Notty. I think chicken thighs are very much underrated too.
When we have our occasional cooked breakfast on a Sunday we use the same method, tend to use chipolatas ( need a ten minute start)with bacon, mushrooms tomatoes. You can add the eggs for the last few minutes but timing can be tricky if you like a runny yoke so we do them separately. Beans get the microwave treatment sans cheese and toast!
My Mrs swears by chicken thighs too. They don't dry up like breast and they taste better.
Don't forget the artichokes - tinned are fine.

you love them tray bakes.