What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 265 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I remember those cook-books! Completely absurd. A case of a solution looking for a problem.
Absolutely. I just had a flick through and was amused by the very frequent reminders not to put anything metal in it, and a quite charming piece of information from Sharp Corporation of Osaka, including a mock-up of "Sharp City" - if all their plants at the time were gathered in one place 🙂

Edit: thought this posted last night but apparently not

Last edited:
We have a limited use for our microwave….pretty much for defrosting if we’ve forgotten to take something out the freezer, heating baked beans and frozen garden peas or giving a head start to jacket potatoes for 10 mins before transferring to the oven to crisp up for 45mins. Oh and cooking instant porridge sometimes or heating mackerel for breakfast. Haha, probably a bit more useful than I first realised.
Our last microwave was an all singing combi one and the first time we used the conventional oven function it fused the house….and it had just gone out of warranty!

Yesterday, pre-match was an OK cheeseburger at the Pirelli Stadium and when I got home it was a frozen ready meal (Wiltshire) - pork loin in parsley sauce with mashed potato, mashed swede and cauliflower.

Sunday dinner was mince in Oxo gravy, mashed potatoes, mushy peas, broccoli and cauliflower.

Dinner tonight is more dauphinoise potatoes (we made loads), plus a bake we made with roast veg mixed (marrow, carrots, white beetroot, onion, sweet potato) with za'atar spice mix and added thyme, which we then baked again topped with chopped tomatoes, mixed beans and Quorn mince. Super tasty!

Well after Thursday nights ‘mild’ heart attack (no it was nothing to do with my vegetarian chilli) and a ‘stent’ fitted at NNU Hospital …. it’s home to this delightful dinner.

Salmon, garlic prawns, Med Veg with new potatoes & side salad (to share) 😋
View attachment 52142
Looks tasty and scores well on artistic impression too!
Hope you’re on the mend Norfolk