What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 249 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

A special by the Mrs tonight -
Thanks Riiiiik it was. Mrs E took me for a night out in Lincoln.
It’s basically a skewer of your choice that hangs vertically from a hook at your table over a bowl of fries. It comes with an oil that you pour over from the top and it runs down the kebab and onto your chips. I had chicken and chorizo ( also included onion, pepper and mushrooms) with a lemon, herb and smoked paprika oil) whilst the wife had chicken and veg with a garlic oil. A halloumi version, lamb kofta and salt and pepper belly pork also available. Also had homemade slaw with it. It’s only fairly recently opened in Lincoln Cornhill and would definitely go again
Happy birthday for yesterday! That sounds like a cracking dinner, I have to say!

I noticed on my rare night out in Lincoln that a new eatery looks to be opening soon next to the Botanist. Not sure of the name but it sells Vietnamese street food (eat in) Not sure what that is exactly but maybe worth a try

Tonight was another good one…Fragrant chicken laksa with noodles, really tasty but I slipped up an put a chopped red chilli in, a large one when I should have only used half 🔥. Just getting the feeling back in my lips8A1F4AA3-B893-40ED-A876-D3DAC89ABEAD.jpeg

I noticed on my rare night out in Lincoln that a new eatery looks to be opening soon next to the Botanist. Not sure of the name but it sells Vietnamese street food (eat in) Not sure what that is exactly but maybe worth a try
I don't know much about the cuisine except for pho, which is pretty good - essentially noodles in broth with veg, spices, maybe meat. Tesco world food section often carries an instant version (like a far superior pot noodle), pho bo (beef) and pho ga (chicken I think) which is very tasty, so the proper thing is probably stunning!

We have visitors this weekend, so it's domestic goddess mode!

Lamb and aubergine tagine, Thai stir-fried duck with ginger rice, roast turkey breast and all trimmings
home made ice creams, raspberries in wine jelly, creme brulee, white chocolate cheesecake
And much cake!!
My word Hither, how many visitors do you have? 😋

Living in rural Somerset we are somewhat limited in takeaways.

one of the few is pizza

whilst very nice it’s £11 a pizza seems a bit dear. So we decided to invest in a pizza oven. Whilst a bit hit and miss at first once we got the hand of it wow much better to make your own and it will soon pay for itself

Lamb and aubergine tagine, Thai stir-fried duck with ginger rice, roast turkey breast and all trimmings
home made ice creams, raspberries in wine jelly, creme brulee, white chocolate cheesecake
And much cake!!

Those puddings sound good!!

And much cake!!

We *are* visitors this week so no cooking for us. 😊