What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 248 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

For the second time this week I've had a new found favourite. Grilled halloumi with a green salad. Better tasting than feta and on a par with mozzarella.
That's my total cheese selection right there, except the odd Cheddar on toast.

I wasn't up to eating much yesterday, so dinner was just toast (from my sage sourdough loaf) with peanut butter. Also had a few Greek clamshell biscuit things with jam in the middle afterwards.

The Mrs had a bash at something tonight and it worked very well! A kind of noodle broth (made with bouillon and miso paste) with a lot of veg (red onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms, corn and celery), topped with a couple of fried eggs.

The Mrs had a bash at something tonight and it worked very well! A kind of noodle broth (made with bouillon and miso paste) with a lot of veg (red onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms, corn and celery), topped with a couple of fried eggs.

I was with you all the way until the fried eggs!

Birthday tea out tonight in the Botanist. Hanging chicken and chorizo kebab with fries and slaw. Very nice too as was the Camden pale

We've eaten at the one in Sheffield a couple of times. Decent food but as with all these places, expensive wine.

We've eaten at the one in Sheffield a couple of times. Decent food but as with all these places, expensive wine.
We’ve been to the Leeds one before but this is the first visit to the Lincoln one. Stayed clear of the wine but the beers were £5+ a pint. I think that’s where they make their profits. Very nice though

Happy Birthday Eweimps. Assuming it was yours.
BTW. What's a 'Hanging chicken'? Excuse my ignorance.
Thanks Riiiiik it was. Mrs E took me for a night out in Lincoln.
It’s basically a skewer of your choice that hangs vertically from a hook at your table over a bowl of fries. It comes with an oil that you pour over from the top and it runs down the kebab and onto your chips. I had chicken and chorizo ( also included onion, pepper and mushrooms) with a lemon, herb and smoked paprika oil) whilst the wife had chicken and veg with a garlic oil. A halloumi version, lamb kofta and salt and pepper belly pork also available. Also had homemade slaw with it. It’s only fairly recently opened in Lincoln Cornhill and would definitely go again