What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 244 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
Since there are a couple of fans of Encona sauces on this thread, what do you make of their Thai sweet chilli sauce? I have a bottle and I'm not massively keen. Seems to have an unusual extra flavour in it which I don't think goes particularly.*

*Prepares to be roasted for insensitivity if it's how authentic Thai sweet chilli sauce tastes

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
Tonight I'm going to try to emulate a Gousto recipe we had a couple of times, chilli-lime sweet potato and rice salad (with black beans). I'm missing coriander and cashews, but will substitute with chopped rocket leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Well, last minute substitution of mint leaves from the garden because apparently we used all the rocket yesterday! Should still be nice though.

HoofGrantBrown

Vital 1st Team Regular
Since there are a couple of fans of Encona sauces on this thread, what do you make of their Thai sweet chilli sauce? I have a bottle and I'm not massively keen. Seems to have an unusual extra flavour in it which I don't think goes particularly.*

*Prepares to be roasted for insensitivity if it's how authentic Thai sweet chilli sauce tastes

Well maybe try this instead....

Attachments

impede

Vital Squad Member

If it has the word "sweet" in it, it tends to stay on the supermarket shelf. I have tried some of their other ones. The mental hot one is good but I still generally buy the "original"

Last edited: