What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 230 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

A taste sensation tonight, hello……Thai larb style pork salad with sticky rice and cucumber salad. It included mint leaves, lime juice and zest, ginger, soy sauce, honey, garlic, peanuts and a new one to us, ketjap manis. Our tastebuds are still dancing 8/10View attachment 49719
Ooh that sounds excellent! We've had similar before and it was indeed lovely. Those are the kind of recipes I try to pick (when I'm allowed to pick, that is 😄)

Ooh that sounds excellent! We've had similar before and it was indeed lovely. Those are the kind of recipes I try to pick (when I'm allowed to pick, that is 😄)
It was a really nice combination of flavours which we wouldn’t have thought to put together ourselves. Just got to get Mrs E to agree to a prawn or fish dish now which is proving difficult as it doesn’t come with batter on! :grinning:

It was a really nice combination of flavours which we wouldn’t have thought to put together ourselves. Just got to get Mrs E to agree to a prawn or fish dish now which is proving difficult as it doesn’t come with batter on! :grinning:
That combination is cracking. Maybe you could try a katsu fish dish - a middle ground since it would be coated in panko breadcrumbs?

Indian style spiced lamb naan tonight with tomato salad, yogurt sauce and potato wedges. So basically lamb rogan josh, red onion tomatoes and green pepper served on a naan with a minted yogurt sauce. Quite nice but only 6.5/100C93F9A3-0E26-4F88-BF11-9421A3D5B4BA.jpeg

On the annual four person Scottish fishing trip:
Tonight starter: 24 Oysters (£10.00) baked, served out the shell with 2/3 drops of Tabasco. Main: Plaice, fried in peppered butter with new potatoes boiled with mint and chives, and mixed salad. Simple, no sauce and fresh as it comes.

I've never been able to bring myself to try oysters, though perhaps baked might be a possibility.
We’ve only done it the once in a smart restaurant at a hotel in Majorca. Everyone else seemed to be having them and we’d always wanted to try them so just ordered three as a pre starter. Mrs E nearly baulked with hers so I ended up with the other two. It felt like we were doing a bush tucker trial. Seem a bit overrated raw, just like drinking salt water, would be interesting to try cooked as we do enjoy mussels. We also tried sushi and quite enjoyed that.